Skewbald, Modern Society

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 am

He was 80-1 and ran 17 lengths behind the next to last horse.

belambi
Allowance Winner

Postby belambi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Truly
Allowance Winner

Postby Truly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

angrovestud wrote:Leigh I I have watched he race on racing post he was 10th out of Ten

Oh dear that's even worse :(

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 pm

On one hand, maybe he should have not raced if he were not training well, but if he never tried, another large portion of the racing people in another country,
would not have known the frame overo existed. Great advertising for colored TB's still I think, we all just have to keep trying to breed faster colored TB's, and
continue to try and make a win happen somewhere!

r3b3l
Maiden Special Weight

Postby r3b3l » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm

and please don't give up ! first races are always a bit ankward...but I see many people getting their coloured TBs to race, come in last and then give up...they don't make them run again..... which sadly contributes to a general feeling that they are bad racers.

this one Modern Society I feel was too young for his first race... I know racing as 2-y-o is the rule, here in Spain it is too... but with a horse like this I would rather wait a little more to ensure he is totally grown up and prepared. Plus it could also help to start them in minor races, Kempton Park is "big time" (I think the phrase is correct, mind me if not) ... don't know if I make myself clear...

There are other racecourses in England that hold "smaller" racing. I would go there, and if the horse makes a good start and deals easily with it, then take him to a higher level.

and if I still come in last, continue training harder for the next, and wouldn't retire the horse until I got one nice result at least.
Amazigh Stud - Canary Islands // Spain

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Jorge wrote:Tairaterces,

Thanks for posting the news! :D

MODERN SOCIETY (Brown c 2010) http://www.pedigreequery.com/modern+society2

Thanks for bringing up again this quite interesting thread.

reedhill
Grade III Winner

Postby reedhill » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 pm

r3b3l wrote:and please don't give up ! first races are always a bit ankward...but I see many people getting their coloured TBs to race, come in last and then give up...they don't make them run again..... which sadly contributes to a general feeling that they are bad racers.

this one Modern Society I feel was too young for his first race... I know racing as 2-y-o is the rule, here in Spain it is too... but with a horse like this I would rather wait a little more to ensure he is totally grown up and prepared. Plus it could also help to start them in minor races, Kempton Park is "big time" (I think the phrase is correct, mind me if not) ... don't know if I make myself clear...

There are other racecourses in England that hold "smaller" racing. I would go there, and if the horse makes a good start and deals easily with it, then take him to a higher level.

and if I still come in last, continue training harder for the next, and wouldn't retire the horse until I got one nice result at least.

You are very smart, this is what anyone should do to give them a fair go at running!