Changing color on papers

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Pfrsue you are absolutely correct...but I can only bite my tongue so long when someone like he/she acts like a fool over and over and just does not know when to stop.....and from his/her PM I now know why, he/she thinks they are a genius with an IQ of 180 and at 11 should have been teaching at Yale.

And if is true, one does not allow that to factor their life to be a rude person to act like they know what everyone elce is thinking or saying.

So now I get it.

And I did not realize my horse was going to make history.....maybe I should cash in on this historical event. WOOHOO.. :lol:

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Thu May 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Now you are lying about what I said, trying to make me into an idiot.
What I said was that I was invited to start, with a full scholarship, at Yale, at age 11. You can try to make me look like a fool all you want. All you did was become a liar.

Bast
Sophomore Sire

Postby Bast » Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm

oleos93 wrote:Yeah you are right...you said IQ of 184 I posted 180...oops.

And what I posted was my US RIGHT to give my opinion on what you where trying to say...never once quoted you....to me in MY opinion that is what you are trying to say, you are a genius and not an idiot. The HAHA subject line just makes you look juvenile. But I didn't mention that.

Inbox :: Message
To: oleos93
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm
Subject: HaHa!
An idiot?
Don't think so.
Ever have Yale University ask you to start classes there at the age of 11? I did. They actually had a professor lined up for me to live with. IQ is 184, according to them

Re-posting the content of PMs without the originator's permission is generally considered poor form. If they wanted the information out there in a public place, that is where they would have put it.

May 2013: Plan ahead now for the Phalaris/Teddy Centennial!
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah you are probably right.....but the door got left wide open and I am at my wits end with this. Some people just don't know when to stop.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Thu May 24, 2012 6:15 pm

I had a filly by Captain's Sunburst who was born chestnut turned grey. She was born from a bay mare.
She was born bay.
Now she was registered as a bay, but because she was roaning out or started to turn grey ( starting with a few hairs) we put white hairs throughout. Not what happened is through time, long time she lost her bay like her father before her to turned total grey when she did that we filed ( more money) changed the color to grey.
Now, some horses do take a very very long time to change others don't but Madelyns way of going is the correct way esp if you race. With us, if the papers were not changed and she ran off and didn't have a brand inspections we would rely on the papers and pictures of her to help the brand inspector. Esp. since our brand inspector is old, doesn't know his colors if his life depended on it. :roll: :x
Now El Prado, she didn't ask if this horse was grey or not. She asked if she should change the paperwork. And yes, she should just like Madelyn said.You just need to read the post more carefully before you post.
And Bast, How do you get those moving icons to work, those are cool!

RiddleMeThis
Allowance Winner

Postby RiddleMeThis » Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Its really not that uncommon for horses to start graying late. It happens. And 2.5 years old isn't late at all to start graying.

Im not saying she is or isn't, but its really not impossible for her to be graying.
Check out my Equine Genetics blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:08 pm

I TOTALLY AGREE to all....totally, and even agree with Elprado. I just wanted to know if I should do the change NOW with such a SMAL SMALL change, it literally is just a few scattered white hairs.

She is almost 3 and I plan to race her as a 3 year old...but if these few white hairs stay the same and when she is 3 and ready to race I just don't want to change the papers IF they are not going to care on a few white hairs....that is all I am asking.

I breed for gray and have for over 10 years so I am fully aware on how it works. I have some very cool changes so I know nothing is impossible.

My stud is not homozygous for gray. He also was born sorrel....but again we can start a new thread, I just wanted to know what I would need to do for a few white hairs and the paper work, again if these few hairs justified a change. I have never had to do it so am ignorant to the change and what is fully required.

I would actually not mind doing a new thread.....I love how color works...there is a very very good document on graying by two Doctors on how gray in not a color, they explain it the best I have seen. If I can find it I will post a link. Then we can talk about testing etc and I always like the input on color. When I show people pics of my stud as a foal they do not believe it is him at all. He is 10 now and starting to tick. I hate this part of the gray process...I love the steal gray and wish they would stay darker.

Bast
Sophomore Sire

Postby Bast » Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 pm

karenkarenn wrote:And Bast, How do you get those moving icons to work, those are cool!

They're *.gif files. I saved the Kumbaya and Popcorn smilies and saved them. For posting here, they are uploaded to photobucket.com the way any image would be for reposting here.

May 2013: Plan ahead now for the Phalaris/Teddy Centennial!

A horse gallops with his lungs

Perseveres with his heart

And wins with his character. --Tesio

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Fri May 25, 2012 11:27 am

oleos93 wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE to all....totally, and even agree with Elprado. I just wanted to know if I should do the change NOW with such a SMAL SMALL change, it literally is just a few scattered white hairs.

She is almost 3 and I plan to race her as a 3 year old...but if these few white hairs stay the same and when she is 3 and ready to race I just don't want to change the papers IF they are not going to care on a few white hairs....that is all I am asking.

I breed for gray and have for over 10 years so I am fully aware on how it works. I have some very cool changes so I know nothing is impossible.

My stud is not homozygous for gray. He also was born sorrel....but again we can start a new thread, I just wanted to know what I would need to do for a few white hairs and the paper work, again if these few hairs justified a change. I have never had to do it so am ignorant to the change and what is fully required.

I would actually not mind doing a new thread.....I love how color works...there is a very very good document on graying by two Doctors on how gray in not a color, they explain it the best I have seen. If I can find it I will post a link. Then we can talk about testing etc and I always like the input on color. When I show people pics of my stud as a foal they do not believe it is him at all. He is 10 now and starting to tick. I hate this part of the gray process...I love the steal gray and wish they would stay darker.

It doesn't actually matter what you want to do or not. If you choose not to change the color now, fine. Just send her to the track and before they tatoo her if her color is different from her papers, they will change the papers themselves, send them to the Jockey Club, and bill you. That's the long and short of it. End of story.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 pm

I think you should test for grey - if she is in fact a chestnut, with scattered white hairs (sabino), and will not change further, then that is what the papers should reflect. If she is a gray/roan, then that it what the papers should reflect. As stated, you could wait until she is getting ready to race and assess the color/markings then. If she never gets to the starting gate it is all moot and not worth worrying about.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I really want to see this filly now! :D
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.