Meet "Selen"-the fabulous cremello TB stallion &am

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Meet "Selen"-the fabulous cremello TB stallion &am

Postby TrueColours » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SELEN-létalon-blanc/151802228256766#!/pages/SELEN-l%C3%A9talon-blanc/151802228256766

I am beyond thrilled that Guaranteed Gold has been selected to represent "Selen" in a new series of books authored by Brittia Gueriec, aimed at the 7-12 year old crowd

There were some amazing and beautiful stallions entered into the competition to find "Selen" - some I had never heard of before and many that really bear watching in the coming years as they enter the show ring and the competition arena for the first time.

It will initially be released in Europe, in French, but Brittia will also look at launching it in North America in both French and English as well

A BIG "Thank You" to our own ACC Photography - Audrey Crosby McLellan! She has taken some amazing pictures of Guaranteed Gold on her visits to our farm and it was in these pictures that Brittia fell in love with GG and felt he would be the perfect "Selen" for her books. Depending on Audrey's schedule (and arm!) we hope to get her back out sometime this year to get some updated pictures that could be used in future editions in the series

Take a look at the trailers on her FB page as well - some well known cremello stallions were used to depict the vision she had for these books

SO pleased to receive this news! It is going to be a fun journey for sure!
Last edited by TrueColours on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:09 am

Congrats, TC! I "liked" it on FB. :)

Hey, what does Selen mean? I ran it through a translator and what I got was: "Unemployed - The White Stallion." I'm guessing the word has a slightly different context in this case? :)

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:17 am

I have NO idea what the literal (or intended) translation would be

French was not one of my strong subjects in school! :)

I'll ask Brittia what the intended translation should be or maybe its just one of those names that doesnt translate equally well into another language
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 am

TrueColours wrote:I have NO idea what the literal (or intended) translation would be

French was not one of my strong subjects in school! :)

I'll ask Brittia what the intended translation should be or maybe its just one of those names that doesnt translate equally well into another language

That's my guess. Maybe it means untamed or something like that. :) I think it's awesome that your boy was chosen though. There was some tough competition but he really was a stand out.

color
Allowance Winner

Postby color » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 am

http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabs

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am

Selen can be another name for moon.

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 pm

I guess that's his name Selen....I'm sure we'll find out what it mean in Chapter 1...

I can't wait to see it...

HH :)

ElPrado
Grade II Winner

Postby ElPrado » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Selene was a Roman moon goddess. Selen would be the male version.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:42 am

All I know is that the book is in French, and I'm gonna need a good translator! lol

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Brittia *should* be translating it into English as well. I am hoping she will launch in North America at the same time or shortly after Europe and of course English would make more sense for this market

Neat the meanings of Selen that you have come up with! :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I suspect the metal is silver colored in one form, and was named after the moon. There was a book by SF Author Isaac Asimov telling how each element was discovered and named. Mostly I remember that the early chemists that tasted their chemical compounds didn't live all that long.