mirror image

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

touching
Yearling

mirror image

Postby touching » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 am

Hello, I have compiled several post under the title Mirror Image in the pedigree analyst section of the forum but this problem troubles me at the present time in my post I have claimed that the racehorse and racing greyhound breeds each evolved the same cyclical system no doubt for the same reason, but what was the reason for the this cyclical system?
Well as you know if you travel back 5 – removes in any pedigree there will be 32 ancestors 16 males and 16 females so if you look at the pedigrees of Wings of Eagles the 2017 Epsom Derby winner http://www.pedigreequery.com/wings+of+eagles3 Almandin the 2016 Melbourne Cup winner http://www.pedigreequery.com/almandin2 and American Pharoah the 2015 Preakness Stakes winner http://www.pedigreequery.com/american+pharoah .
You will find that the first name found on the parental sire line in the General Stud Book of 14 of the 16 ancestors 5 – removes back in the pedigree of Wings of Eagles is that of the Darley Arabian and the first name found on the parental sire line in the General Stud Book of 2 of those 16 ancestors 5 – removes back in the pedigree of Wings of Eagles is that of the Byerley Turk.
You will find that the first name found on the parental sire line in the General Stud Book of 15 of the 16 ancestors 5 – removes back in the pedigree of Almandin is that of the Darley Arabian and the first name found on the parental sire line in the General Stud Book of the other ancestor 5 – removes back in the pedigree of Almandin is that of the Byerley Turk.
You will find that the first name found on the parental sire line in the General Stud Book of 14 of the 16 ancestors 5 – removes back in the pedigree of American Pharoah is that of the Darley Arabian and the first name found in the General Stud Book on the parental sire line of 1 of those 2 remaining ancestors 5 – removes back in the pedigree of American Pharoah is that of the Godolphin Arabian and the first name found in the General Stud Book on the parental sire line of the other ancestor is that of the Byerley Turk.
Now I think the cyclical system that I claim has been evolved by both breeds has produced this situation but how would one describe it, I think I read some were that the Godolphin Arabian had the most genes in the modern thoroughbred and yet he is only mentioned once in those pedigree 5 – removes back in their pedigrees.
I have formed the opinion that this cyclical system has been evolved to pass on and keep the genes of one animal from each species dominant, while maintaining an adequate level of genetic diversity in the breed, for instance how could the genes or a parental sire line descendant be dominant whenever the most genes in the thoroughbred came from the Godolphin Arabian?