Royal Ascot

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Royal Ascot

Postby Shammy Davis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:45 am

I've watched the TVG coverage Royal Ascot all week. It was as an exciting meet. I love the way racing is handled in the UK. I've personally attended some of the smaller venues across the UK, but never Ascot. I hope before I start pushing up daisies that I can attend.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:14 am

I love the wide track and the straight runs--and the fact that you see fans sitting the whole length of the track. What a great meet.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:04 am

It sure was great to see the BBC on television they make a party of it, lots of interviews with trainers, breeders, people involved, background of the horses, even a talk with the best jockey born in Holland Adrie de Vries.

Next meeting: King George and Queen Elisabeth Diamond Stakes also great BBC coverage!!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

parlo
Grade I Winner

Postby parlo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 pm

... and the final race of the meeting was won by a German-bred horse, Bergo. So, the Queen Alexandra Stakes was won by a German horse for the second year running and seems to develop into a second Cesarewitch for horses of that country. :D

You'll find most of the Ascot races in the archive of youtube - save them for cold winter-days.

Btw: there was another great race at Europe / Auteuil this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=423C5E2LaUo

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Parlo: Thanks for the update.

Carlo Algatrensig
2yo Maiden

Postby Carlo Algatrensig » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

parlo wrote:... and the final race of the meeting was won by a German-bred horse, Bergo. So, the Queen Alexandra Stakes was won by a German horse for the second year running and seems to develop into a second Cesarewitch for horses of that country. :D

It probably shouldnt be that surprising that german bred horses are starting to win some of the british races that are run over more than 1m4f.

Most breeders in britain are becoming obsessed with trying to breed precocious juveniles and as such I can see in the future more races being won at long distances over here by horses that have a lot of ancestors with (GER) after their name.
"Best Mate is a Villa fan"