Grand National

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

Carlo Algatrensig
2yo Maiden

Grand National

Postby Carlo Algatrensig » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Well the weights for it our out so probably about the time to start a thread for it.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... big_race=Y

Anyone have any early picks. The weight that State of Play has been alloted is quite interesting. Set to carry 10st 6lbs which is 5lbs lower than last year and is always a horse who runs well fresh and given that the National will be its first race since last years national he might be quite interesting.

However my personal pick is King Fontaine although he could dissapear from contention if he has a poor run at Haydock this Saturday.
"Best Mate is a Villa fan"

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 am

I guess what makes this Grand National really historic is that two fences were eliminated from the race because of the presence of dead horses. Bechers was one of them. The other one might have been the previous to Bechers.

http://www.grandnationalpro.com/categor ... 040900112/

As much as I enjoy watching chasers, my stomach tightens when one takes a fall. I really think there are too many horses in the GN. I think they started w/near 40 this year.

If I get back to the UK, I really hope to visit Aintree. It looks like a beautiful venue to enjoy racing.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 am

I saw the races at BBC. Great program as always. Just great seeing a son of Ginger McCain winning his first GN. One of the most beautiful GN I ever saw was the one Amberleigh House won. That horse came from soooooo far...
It is always very sad when horses are put down in a race, but don't you all forget they are looked after so well. If I ever have a riding horse, I would love te have an ex NH horse, they are brave and they can jump.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.