Was filly from the family of New Approach wins the Oaks

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Was filly from the family of New Approach wins the Oaks

Postby erins isle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:19 am

What a wonderful family this is!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Was

Postby Bettina » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Hello from Germany,

Maybe it's not so wellknown, his direct damline is represented in my Homecountry. Waky Na (by Ahonoora) is the name of the imported broodmare. Her best offspring was Waky Nao (by Alzao), he was a good sprinter/miler. He went to stud in Germany, but went to variuos stations until he was sent to Ireland, as NH Stallion (siring jumping stock). Waky Nao's best offspring are Wiesenpfad (Sire), Vegano, Sweet Wake and Wutzeline, a mare very good over jumps in France. From this damline came several other good runners, see Wakytara, Wakylove, Wheredreamsare.

From this branch of family 19-b (Better known members are Never Bend/Bold Reason), and some quite closely related with New Approach are Shinko Forest, Dazzling Park and Forest Express. Not to forget his damline is represented in Australia via Mistress Myra (by Last Tycoon). She is a close relative of the Sire "Grand Chaudiere", damsire of Snippets.

It's not obvious at first sight, "Pampapaul" has a very interesting pedigree, with some uncommon descents of the "Lady Josephine" family. Additionally Paul's damline is the same one, as the Top Japanese filly Victoire Pisa (Neo Universe).

Best regards from Germany,
Bettina

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 am

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... 44519/top/

Thanks Bettina, I knew at first sight about Waky Nao, since I am a huge Ahonoora fan. How such an underestimated stallion can be of great influence nowadays, such a pity he died so young.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.