Good Sources?

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Good Sources?

Postby mehile » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 pm

What are some good sources for pedigree and racing statistics research?

soundfast
Allowance Winner

Postby soundfast » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 pm

www.equineline.com a Jockey Club company has records. You can use search engines for some. What exactly were you looking for?

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:39 pm

I've used that site some with my own horses but I'm looking more for something that isn't going to charge for each search. Something more like pedigreequery but the problem I've had there is there are a lot of horses missing racing info(plus what they have isn't very detailed) and some that don't have all or even any of there offspring. I'm not looking for any particular pedigree or family line just wanting to do some research to look into what crosses work well and which ones don't, which families have speed and which have stamina, which pass on precociousness ect. It's all so incredibly interesting and I keep hearing about everyone's theories and opinions on things and I love hearing them but I don't like having to keep picking everyone's brains I want to learn these things myself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

soundfast
Allowance Winner

Postby soundfast » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:09 pm

I have had the same problems. I have filled in race records and added horses quite a few times on pedigreequery. Starquine,handride, and stallionring(sire pedigree and statistics) + google searches and online catalog pages have all been sources I have used without spending. Bloodhorse and Thoroughbredtimes Stallion Registers can be helpful also.