Iga Ninja

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

s.hadow
Newborn

Iga Ninja

Postby s.hadow » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any information on Iga Ninja, any photos or anything?
Thanks

chester
Newborn

Postby chester » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Which Iga Ninja do you mean ?

s.hadow
Newborn

Postby s.hadow » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Oh sorry its this one
iga ninja2
http://www.pedigreequery.com/iga+ninja2

chester
Newborn

Postby chester » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:10 am

I remember Iga Ninja fairly well.

He was a neat black horse which was out early as a two year old winning the Canonbury Stakes-Listed at his second start just a week after running fourth in the Breeders Plate. He won again at Randwick 2 weeks later & in the Autumn finished a creditable 7th in the Golden Slipper Stakes -Gr 1 behind Star Watch & with that season's champion colt Zeditave 6th I think.

He was by a low budget Biscay horse named Sylvester which Stanley Wootton had bred & which stood up in the Hunter Valley & got a few handy bush horses.

Iga Ninja himself went to stud but from abt 50 live foals over 10 or 12 yeras only sired a handful of winners.

Can't help with a photo sorry.

The other Iga Ninja on the database here also raced in Australia & was a Gr 1 winning sprinter BTW.

chester
Newborn

Postby chester » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:11 am

I remember Iga Ninja fairly well.

He was a neat black horse which was out early as a two year old winning the Canonbury Stakes-Listed at his second start just a week after running fourth in the Breeders Plate. He won again at Randwick 2 weeks later & in the Autumn finished a creditable 7th in the Golden Slipper Stakes -Gr 1 behind Star Watch & with that season's champion colt Zeditave 6th I think.

He was by a low budget Biscay horse named Sylvester which Stanley Wootton had bred & which stood up in the Hunter Valley & got a few handy bush horses.

Iga Ninja himself went to stud but from abt 50 live foals over 10 or 12 yeras only sired a handful of winners.

Can't help with a photo sorry.

The other Iga Ninja on the database here also raced in Australia & was a Gr 1 winning sprinter BTW.

s.hadow
Newborn

Postby s.hadow » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:40 am

thanks for the info! :)