Hot Dot

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Hot Dot

Postby vineyridge » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:52 pm

If someone would do an APR search on this horse, I'd appreciate knowing her breeding history.

Do the new APRs show "barren" or "slipped" or whatever? My very old one doesn't, but it stops in 1995. It does go back to 1920, though.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Viney, one of BRIS' freebies for March is 3 free 200s (all foals of a mare with tabulated race rcds). You have to be logged in as a registered member, but registration's free. Per my '05 APR Hot Dot has two named, raced, foals (Sister Dooley & Father Dooley) by Alyten that are not in the db here. I'll add them.

Do the new APRs show "barren" or "slipped" or whatever? My very old one doesn't, but it stops in 1995. It does go back to 1920, though.

Generally, the more recent the mare the more likely there is to be an account of years with no foal in the APRs I have. My 1998 APR goes back to 1920 as well, but for more mares foaled after ~1960 there's often an account of 'foaless' years. Remember, these are dependent upon the owner filing a report, which doesn't always happen.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks, PZ. I'm trying to figure out if this is a fertile, easily bred, carried and foaled out mare family. The mare Future Gold had oodles of foals with a couple of three year breaks toward the end. Most of her daughters didn't have many foals, or had them after my APR stops, and seemed to have had longish breaks. Hot Dot was the youngest, and I could find very little about her.

Of course, they aren't burning up the track as a family.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire