Need serious help

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Need serious help

Postby vineyridge » Wed May 18, 2011 5:20 pm

There is an World class event horse (TB) who has been renamed Navigator. He is supposed to be a 1999 model by Kettrice out of Royal Mistress. I found him once before. IIRC, he is an South American bred who raced in Australia. I seem to recall from my previous looking up (but I have no idea where) that his registered name is something that begins with El . But I might be confused and misremembering. Kettrice doesn't show up in the database, and none of the Royal Mistresses seem quite right. I have gone to the online Argentine Studbook, and can't find either Kettrice or Royal Mistress. Kettrice isn't in Equineline or in the Australian Studbook.

I'm baffled. I KNOW I found his breeding before through the dam, but now I can't figure out where I found the dam.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 pm

I think I found him. Not sure. Corridor Talk. FEI has the wrong spelling for Keltrice. Corridor Talk is Australian, and he's a 1998 model, not a 1999. Sire and dam are correct. Keltrice x Royal Mistress.

The other Fox-Pitt horse that I confused this guy with is Macchiato. Said to be 14, but really another 1998 model. Sire is supposed to be Octante and dam is Extupenda. Argentine bred. Probably El Orgulloso. Raced in Australian and got sent to GB at about age 5. He should have a race record in Australia if it's the same horse.

Would you mind checking and seeing if there are any other possibles with these names and approximate ages. I HATE it when TBs are renamed.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Thu May 19, 2011 7:43 am

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10495615

This is from the Sport Horse database.

Is this the correct horse?

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Thu May 19, 2011 8:22 am

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10163443

This might be the second horse, or perhaps a sister?