Patricia Lou (NZ)

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Patricia Lou (NZ)

Postby vineyridge » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm

She's in the database as a New Zealand mare. She was the dam of a stallion named Aberlou. There is a GB mare with the same name and same breeding in the JC database.

I've been to the New Zealand Racing site, and they do have an entry for Aberlou, but with no pedigree information. They list two foals by him. I cannot find Patricia Lou on their website. She is not in my EPR as either a dam or a foal.

Is the PQ database information correct?

Another New Zealand question.
There is a mare named Reelistic who is the dam of a Stallion named Relvaro. On their website, she is said to be nsb and no pedigree information is given. But PQ has a very complete pedigree for her, and all the horses look to be TBs. What does New Zealand Racing mean by nsb? Reelistic isn't in my EPR either. And I can't figure out how to access and search the Weatherby's Non Thoroughbred Registry.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

CosMos
2yo Maiden

Postby CosMos » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 am

Gidday vineyridge...the pedigree details on the NZ site are the same as the PQ database from family 24. Unfortunately the NZ stud book site is not complete and I have noticed over the years that many horses have the nsb notation and are in fact TB...

cheers, Rich

cissiny
Yearling

Postby cissiny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 am

The name Aberlou seemed very familiar to me - isn't he in Pete Bridsall's books? His progeny I mean? There is a lot of info about Aberlou in the sporthorse-data database (there are quite a few errors in that database, I was one of the founding members and I have worked hard to straighten out the errors). Here's the link:
http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?z=GCGFO3&d=aberlou&x=0&y=0
Hope that that helps? :D

Best wishes,
Cissi in Sweden