Fair Share 1957 GB - No living descendants?

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

cissiny
Yearling

Fair Share 1957 GB - No living descendants?

Postby cissiny » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 am

Hi all, new here so I hope that I am not posting at the wrong sub-forum?

My question is about the mare Fair Share, I think I have more or less a complete listing of all her (female) descendants. I would really like to find any living descendants from her family, but I have not been able to find any that are still in breeding?

I guess the only hope would be her daughter Karabine (1969 by Never Say Die) who I have not found any information about?

My "dream horse" (the kind you meet once in a lifetime) Lord Ever-so-sure (1978-2005) had Ayr Princess (1966 by Princely Gift out of Fair Share) as granddam and when I started to research his pedigree in the mid 80'ies I was in touch with his breeder in Ireland. At that time, she told me that the dam of "Lorden" was the only living descendant of Fair Share. (Thinking of the female line of course - Fair Share had four sons that were successful sires as I remember it). Since then, Scotch Polly (the dam of "Lorden") had some fillies but all seems to have died, I was able to trace one that was auctioned away but most likely put down...

So... Just asking... Have I missed any descendant from this female line? It would be just fantastic if there would be any mare anywhere in the world still living...

First of all, I'll try to complete the foaling lists of Fair Share, Ayr Princess and Scotch Polly here, some horses are obviously missing.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes,
Cissi in Sweden

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

It would take a bit if time, but you could go to equiineline.com and pull up the free 5 cross pedigree feature.

Then put in the mare under the dam listing, then a date where she might have had a foal. Mare born in 1990, start looking at 1992, put in every year after that till you hit the year she died.
That should pull up every registered foal.

This db has lots of errors and omissions. The Sporthorse data base has less horses listed but more sporting horses.

Good luck.

cissiny
Yearling

Postby cissiny » Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks xfactor fan! :D

xfactor fan wrote:It would take a bit if time, but you could go to equiineline.com and pull up the free 5 cross pedigree feature.

Then put in the mare under the dam listing, then a date where she might have had a foal. Mare born in 1990, start looking at 1992, put in every year after that till you hit the year she died.
That should pull up every registered foal.

This db has lots of errors and omissions. The Sporthorse data base has less horses listed but more sporting horses.

Good luck.

Well, I've used equlineline (mostly through their European partner Weatherbys) a lot in the past - at least through Weatherbys you need to supply a credit card to be able to use it? I did a couple of years ago (shortly after Lord Ever-so-sure passed in Dec 2005 I think) and I know I even purchased a few reports (that's how I got more or less complete records, including year of death, for his dam Scotch Polly and granddam Ayr Princess as I recall it) but as I remember it, at that time they only had the colts/sires (four) and Ayr Princess as progeny of Fair Share? It might be that they only had complete records of horses born after 1970 or so at that time?

About a year or so, I was going to the Weatherbys/equineline site but could not access the free database, I contacted them and it turned out that the credit card I had given them had gone too old, as they do after a few years. Since then, I have not given my new credit card details (more or less pure laziness on my behalf) so I have not accessed the database for a while. I know that if you access equineline through Weatherbys you have to give your credit card info, I thought it was the same if you go directly to equineline?

In any case, now the progeny of Ayr Princess and her daughter Scotch Polly are finally showing up here :D Would love to complete the records of Ayr Princess' daughter that was exported to Italy though, and also try to find out if the other daughters of Fair Share were producers?

Best wishes,
Cissi