Can someone help me with my horses pedigree??

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

bekkoo
Newborn

Can someone help me with my horses pedigree??

Postby bekkoo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Im new to all this and have searched my horses pedigree and its wrong

his horses name is Operative born 1988 and his sire is Imprial Prince and in his pedigree here its showing a diffrent sire his dam is Most effective I have his race papers which state his sire as Imprial Prince and Most effective. Can someone help me with why his sire is diffrent on this pedigree as im new to all this??

thankyou

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Should be fixed now. Here's a link you might enjoy http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedig ... =Operative (AUS)&dam_name==Most Effective (AUS)&foaling_year=1988&nicking_stats_indicator=Y
Welcome to the board
Diane

bekkoo
Newborn

Postby bekkoo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Thankyou very much for the link it was great, just a question I see it said there that he didnt race when i first got him as a 5 yr old i contacted woodlands stud and also tracked down a guy in pakenham south that had him that told me he raced could this have meant he was trilled but never raced??? sorry im not into how the whole training. racing ect works
thankyou

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 pm

You'd probably drive yourself crazy trying to find evidence that he raced in even an unrecognized race. You could always try doing a google search with maybe the horse's name, the breeder's name, the sire and dam names or previous owner's names. Sometimes things like "stable notes" are archived and trivia might pop up. I once found the pic of a USDF medal winner for a Tb related to one of mine. It was a breed award for Prix St Georges level and I was thrilled.
Enjoy