Gato Del Sol???? Broodmare sire?

Ask members about Thoroughbred lineage and other related information.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Lucy

TBLADY
Starters Handicap

Gato Del Sol???? Broodmare sire?

Postby TBLADY » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:55 am

need info, opinions, etc....GDS as a broodmare sire ..please?

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm

I have not seen much about him as a broodmare sire and frankly don't expect to. He was not a particularly well-regarded sire at the beginning of his stud career despite his status as a Kentucky Derby winner -- too much of a plodder and with a far from fashionable pedigree (though a half brother to the very quick filly Tersa, dam of Rock Hard Ten). As he did not produce in his first few crops, his books went from mediocre to worse, and I think he only had one US-bred SW before being exported to Germany. He did no better in that country and was repatriated by his breeder Arthur Hancock, who pensioned him at Stone Farm. Few of his fillies are likely to have either the performance or the female families to make them attractive as racehorse producers. Whether they'd be suitable for producing sporthorses is a question I'd better leave to the experts in those bloodlines.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

TBLADY
Starters Handicap

Postby TBLADY » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:01 am

Thank you!