Editing Info

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Editing Info

Postby Bill from WA » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:26 am

Hi

The last couple of days I have had a problem editing or adding new information. When I try to type in any information, a drop down menu pops up with previous numerical entries, and I am not allowed to enter new information. Dancin' Rahy for instance. I was able to enter his race record using previously entered data from the drop down menu, but I couldn't enter his total earnings ($225,868) because that number had not been previously entered, and was not available in the drop down menu. I have uploaded race records and information on hundreds of horses with very few problems, but it looks like that will stop. I perform pedigree analyses professionally, and add information to PQ as I work on an analysis so that the information is available to anyone who might be interested. Can anything be done about this problem?

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Bill,

What operating system are you using? I have noticed the same drop-down menus appearing since I switched to Vista - and it happens on every website I visit, not just this one. However, I found that if I just ignore the drop-down and keep typing, it goes away and I can enter whatever info I want. :) See if that works!

Meanwhile, I fixed Dancin Rahy's record for you.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Are you talking about AutoComplete/AutoFill? That is just a convenient way of picking out previous typed info. It should never negate putting in new fresh stuff.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Auto refill. And it didn't allow me to input any new information, but now it is working fine. Must have been my computer. Thanks for the help. I have windows xp.
Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes