Please fix pedigree error

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Please fix pedigree error

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 am

Didn't have any trouble shifting RDR8 info to RDR4 and deleting RDR8. Maybe the db was in a bad mood when you were trying to correct the records... :wink:

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:05 pm

There are 3 horses named "He" which is obviously not a name, it's just someone starting an entry. The mare Vixenish has a Stormy Atlantic colt by another name and I went to delete the other 2011 entry. It didn't gimme a captcha to type in and I think it has something to do with the horse's name having only 2 letters.

Here's the info I saw:
HE, H, 1915 by SANTOI ex SHE
HE2, G, 1886 by BRIGADIER ex LIZZIE BETTS
HE3, C, 2011 by HES HAD ENOUGH ex VIXENISH2

People really shouldn't be able to add a horse that couldn't "legally" per the JC be named that. (I tried to see if horses, JC registered or not were named that but it appeared not from what I could tell). If we can't search or remove the 2 letter horse easily, then adding it should be harder. I've had problems looking up the mare "You" for some reason which shouldn't be an issue but it is.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:18 am

Heidilady wrote:There are 3 horses named "He" which is obviously not a name, it's just someone starting an entry. The mare Vixenish has a Stormy Atlantic colt by another name and I went to delete the other 2011 entry. It didn't gimme a captcha to type in and I think it has something to do with the horse's name having only 2 letters.

Here's the info I saw:
HE, H, 1915 by SANTOI ex SHE
HE2, G, 1886 by BRIGADIER ex LIZZIE BETTS
HE3, C, 2011 by HES HAD ENOUGH ex VIXENISH2

People really shouldn't be able to add a horse that couldn't "legally" per the JC be named that. (I tried to see if horses, JC registered or not were named that but it appeared not from what I could tell). If we can't search or remove the 2 letter horse easily, then adding it should be harder. I've had problems looking up the mare "You" for some reason which shouldn't be an issue but it is.

Naming rules & standards of centuries past (when they existed at all) were not necessarily the same as those in current usage. He 1915 is a legitimate entry. That's how he/He was entered into the registry. He2 has been placed under his correct dam, Lizzie Bate. I'm checking to see if he was ever officially named per stud book record. If not, the entry will be changed from "He" to "Brigadier Gelding". He3 has been deleted.