Can't send PM's

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Howch664
Weanling

Can't send PM's

Postby Howch664 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm

I have tried to respond to some PM's in my inbox, but when I send I notice that they sit in my designated outbox and never reach my sent box. This started happening not too long ago. My messages always used to be to the sent box only. How can I ensure my messages are reaching the appropriate member and not being held indefinitely in my outbox?

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Can't send PM's

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 am

I don't think pm's are moved to the 'sent' folder until opened by the recipient.

Fwiw, I've not been receiving email or pop-up notification of pm's for a few weeks now even though my prefs are set to 'yes' for both. If that's a global problem, the only way users will know they have a pm is if they log in and check 'new message' status (upper left, right under the banner) or go to their inbox.

PM'ed a moderator about this last week. That pm is still sitting in my outbox, probably b/c the notifications aren't working.