Broad Brush line-breeding

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:07 pm

vineyridge wrote:What about temperament? Turn-To, Ack Ack, Broad Brush? Nasty or nice. Turn-To's grandsons, Halo and Roberto by Hail To Reason, either were or have sired a lot of really mean horses. St. Simon was a snake. Does the Ack Ack make a difference? I've heard Concern is a bastard.

As the owner of a stallion who is 3d x 4s to Turn-To -- Mountain Top - 49 starts, 9(3) - 6(1) - 6(4) $412,120 -- All while being pretty darned fast [He had triple-digit E speed figures ages 4 through 8 & was G1-placed & a G3 winner, in addition to everything else.]

So I can say I think the Turn-To line can be sound & if "Mo" is any example, of a horse with a pleasant temprament, as well. Of course, I don't know which side of the family provided that temprament, but our Cox's Ridge line broodmare who is otherwise unrelated to Mo is also pretty kind, as is our Devil His Due yearling.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... UNTAIN+TOP

This has been slightly off-topic of whether 2 x 3 to Broad Brush is too close, but I DO look for Broad Brush mares because their Turn-To is via those good daughters & because of the Armageddon I mentioned earlier in the thread.