suggestions for this mare please

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Derby2004
Starters Handicap

suggestions for this mare please

Postby Derby2004 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am

i am going to louisville this weekend to pick up capable miss from madelyn, 1991 model by sir ivor. i was looking for suggestions on a stallion for her. My picks are birdstone, hook and ladder, city zip, street hero, aragorn, and even the score. i like birdstone because he has had a great first year, 4 Sws and a canadian champ from 29 starters, plus brings in sir gaylord again. hook and ladder because he has done great with ny mares and i think will get a BIG horse soon, plus hes commercial for 2yos. City zip because for the money i cant think of anyone better. has great stats and should make a great broodie sire. i might get a lot of argument about street hero though due to the fact he was retired as a 2yo. but his female family is from the same as capable miss'. he was a great 2yo by one of the hottest sires. other street cry sons are twice as much and more. aragorn because i love his pedigree and his weanlings did ok at the sales. even the score basically the same reasons as birdstone. just looking for input from people. remember her 3rd dam is a full sis to Turn-to, hense the favoritism of Street Hero. but feel free for your own suggestions. she is a good size mare. over 16.1. thanks

merse
Allowance Winner

Postby merse » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Slew City Slew and get the linebreeding to Double Jay. Plus he's a helluva good racehorse sire.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Might be a bit late for your visit, but how about Mizzen Mast?