Noodling--Suggest a stallion for this mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Noodling--Suggest a stallion for this mare

Postby vineyridge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:36 pm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/marcys+hope

Or would she even be worth race breeding? She's got the "triple threat"--Herod, Matchem and Eclipse sirelines all on the first page through male descendants. She's also Agnes FF, which is one of my very favorites.

Like Helen of FL, I'd be interested in finding a sire who would help with a second sporthorse career for a foal.

Looking for a turf/distance type foal.
Thread Killer Extraordinaire

hpkingjr

Kela

Postby hpkingjr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm

I like the hypo with Kela. RF to Special. Combines sibs, Thong and Lt. Stevens. Adds speed to pedigree.

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Let's just say that one reason this mare is attractive is that she might have a good steeplechasing foal. She certainly has the breeding for it. Lear Fan is way up on the list of good chasing sires, and so are Alleged and Roberto. The jump comes from Hoist the Flag, Noholme, Bold Ruler and Turn-To. Nureyev is also a fine chasing sire, and she's got other good lines with stamina and the jump.

I also rather like the Chateaugay on top/Primonetta on the bottom because their dam, Banquet Bell has really fine jumping lines.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:05 am

Where are you located? This mare is iffy as a racing prospect on the flat, so she really needs a stallion who upgrades his mares in an area where she can race in restricted company AND that supports chasing. Virginia and Maryland immediately come to mind. Pennsylvania is a possibility.

In Maryland, there is a son of timber hero Salutely standing at Dodon Farm. They market eventers, but their stallion Boy Done Good (competing as Salute the Truth) has at least one horse to win on the flat. The horse won two races, one at Colonial and one at Laurel. Might be a sleeper worth looking into--and if not for racing, the foal will have a welcome home at an event barn.

Also in Maryland is a 3/4 brother to Kingmambo, Mojave Moon. You'll be hard pressed to find more class from a Nureyev daughter than Miesque, plus Private Account and Hoist the Flag cross exceptionally well together. Damascus also brings in good jump. He might bring in speed that your mare lacks.

In Pennsylvania, Cetewayo is an obvious choice for a distance/turf runner. He has Gone West on his damline; Gone West and the Mr Prospector tribe in general is a good cross on Roberto.

Also in PA, Ameri Valay, the very useful former Maryland sire, stands at Nandi Veterinary Associates. He's a *good* stallion who very quietly got lots of ham-and-eggs winners on the Maryland circuit for a good long time. I see no reason why he wouldn't do the same in Pennsylvania.

Also in PA, the young stallion Senor Swinger looks interesting as a chasing sire prospect--Sadlers Wells, Sir Ivor, Kris S, and Grey Sovereign. His price--$2500 for mares foaling in PA--is about right.

In Virginia, there is a Theatrical son named Grand Reserve standing in Middleburg. Virginia is the seat of a lot of chasing, and this horse's breeding suggests that he's standing for chasers.

Pie-in-the-sky would be Sky Classic. I don't think this mare is worth a $12,500 fee, but he does get good chasers, Nijinsky crosses well with Lear fan, and he has the Noholme jump (with that Double Jay soundness).

vineyridge
Grade III Winner

Postby vineyridge » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 am

I was also thinking about Roanoke, who could give her some size that she needs. And would bring in Sea Bird again through his dam.

Grand Reserve is very interesting. Thanks for him. Senor Swinger is also very interesting, but I'm not sure about the conformation match. Cetewayo would be a dream match.

Actually all the studs you've suggested are interesting. Carnivalay is one of the top stallions for chasers.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:15 pm

The biggest advantage of, say, Ameri Valay or Grand Reserve over Roanoke is that for both of them, you get protected company running on the flat (PA or VA) AND you have the possibility of state-bred chases. In Pennsylvania, there are meets at Philadelphia Park, Willowdale, and Unionville, whereas in Virginia there's all kinds of chasing.

Illinois doesn't have the same calibre of statebred program (IMO) as Pennsylvania currently does, nor does it have an NSA-recognized chase meet.

For your references, this page is from the PA-bred website:

http://www.nationalsteeplechase.com/pos ... ly%206.pdf

It's an NSA-recognized race, and note the 40% purse bonus for PA-breds.

And here, for VA-breds:
http://www.nationalsteeplechase.com/pos ... e%2029.pdf

Good luck.

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

RUBIYAT

Postby foxtale » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Just wanted to share a little about our stallion, Rubiyat, for your consideration. He was a sport horse sire in VA for 2yrs prior to our purchasing him in 2004... he has also sired steeplechase runners and his young ones can JUMP! I had a woman call me who does nothing but 3 day eventing, who said she has a 7yo Rubiyat gelding and was winning everything, she begged me to PLEASE let her know when there was another Rubiyat ready to retire from racing. I told her they generally have a LOOOOOONG race career, but would let her know as soo as I found one.

* Sired by champion sprinter , multiple G1 winner and millionaire
Rubiano .
* RUBIANO is a 3/4 brother to Tap Your Heels, dam of TAPIT.
* Rubiyat is one of only seven sons of RUBIANO standing.
* Rubiyat is Bred on the HOT HOT cross Fappiano / Blushing Groom , just
like HOT HOT sire Candy Ride (ARG).
* Rubiyat carries an AMAZING 21 Chef-de-Race sires in his pedigree!
* Rubiyat 2nd in the Withers S (G. II) and Peter Pan S (G. II) behind
Grand Slam.
* NYRA multiple graded stakes-placed winner; never worse than 2nd!
* Sire of multiple stakes placed Rubi Echo and NYRA allowance winner
One Tough Dude .
* Avg earnings per starter of $38,448.
* With only 25 starters, his starters earned $961,209!
* His first PA foal crop are 3yo of 2009 and are ready to run.
* Nominated to PA STALLIONS SERIES and BREEDERS CUP.
* "Perfectly conformed, Perfectly balanced. Liked him, LOVED his foals"...
Casey Seaman, Ocala FL.
WHERE can you get all this for only $1000 (LFSN) ???!!! BTW...anyone looking for PA bred weanlings,yearlings or 2yos...give me a buzz!
Thanks,
Dawn
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com
CAPITANO
RUBIYAT
SMART GUY

foxtale
Maiden Special Weight

RUBIYAT

Postby foxtale » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Just wanted to share a little about our stallion, Rubiyat, for your consideration. He was a sport horse sire in VA for 2yrs prior to our purchasing him in 2004... he has also sired steeplechase runners and his young ones can JUMP! I had a woman call me who does nothing but 3 day eventing, who said she has a 7yo Rubiyat gelding and was winning everything, she begged me to PLEASE let her know when there was another Rubiyat ready to retire from racing. I told her they generally have a LOOOOOONG race career, but would let her know as soo as I found one.

* Sired by champion sprinter , multiple G1 winner and millionaire
Rubiano .
* RUBIANO is a 3/4 brother to Tap Your Heels, dam of TAPIT.
* Rubiyat is one of only seven sons of RUBIANO standing.
* Rubiyat is Bred on the HOT HOT cross Fappiano / Blushing Groom , just
like HOT HOT sire Candy Ride (ARG).
* Rubiyat carries an AMAZING 21 Chef-de-Race sires in his pedigree!
* Rubiyat 2nd in the Withers S (G. II) and Peter Pan S (G. II) behind
Grand Slam.
* NYRA multiple graded stakes-placed winner; never worse than 2nd!
* Sire of multiple stakes placed Rubi Echo and NYRA allowance winner
One Tough Dude .
* Avg earnings per starter of $38,448.
* With only 25 starters, his starters earned $961,209!
* His first PA foal crop are 3yo of 2009 and are ready to run.
* Nominated to PA STALLIONS SERIES and BREEDERS CUP.
* "Perfectly conformed, Perfectly balanced. Liked him, LOVED his foals"...
Casey Seaman, Ocala FL.
WHERE can you get all this for only $1000 (LFSN) ???!!! BTW...anyone looking for PA bred weanlings,yearlings or 2yos...give me a buzz!
Thanks,
Dawn
Let us help you to take advantage of lucrative PENNSYLVANIA Bred Breeding and Racing Incentive Programs worth over $20 MILLION annually.

Standing in 2010: www.foxtalestud.com

CAPITANO

RUBIYAT

SMART GUY