2010 Breedings

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm

SIXSAINT wrote:
clh wrote:We'll probably breed at least one, perhaps 2 or 3.

to waht stallion..??

Undecided at this point but looking at several stallions.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 pm

clh wrote:
SIXSAINT wrote:
clh wrote:We'll probably breed at least one, perhaps 2 or 3.

to waht stallion..??

Undecided at this point but looking at several stallions.

I have 1 Owner that Liked these 2 Stallions and booked 6 mares and will Sign contacts by End of Jan.. 2 Confirmed and those Contracts will be signed by end of week...ok

MASSIVE DRAMA & HALO NAJIB @ www.IndianaStallionStations.com
They are NOMINATED to 5 Owner/Breeder Programs.... Look them Up and Decide... :D

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Sixsaint: Right now we are breeding OH breds at this point so most of the stallions we are looking at are KY stallions. I appreciate your input however. We do not want to send our mares off to other states to foal at this time to be eligible for their breeder awards although that may come in the near future but not right now. Thanks again for the input!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:28 pm

clh wrote:Sixsaint: Right now we are breeding OH breds at this point so most of the stallions we are looking at are KY stallions. I appreciate your input however. We do not want to send our mares off to other states to foal at this time to be eligible for their breeder awards although that may come in the near future but not right now. Thanks again for the input!
ok... at Least goto websites and Revieww Info... and Race Videos... ok Ty

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 pm

SIXSAINT: REPEATEDLY SPAMMING EVERY SINGLE THREAD WITH INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STALLIONS IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANY MORE BOOKINGS--IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE YOU UNPOPULAR. REALLY.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm

LB wrote:SIXSAINT: REPEATEDLY SPAMMING EVERY SINGLE THREAD WITH INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STALLIONS IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANY MORE BOOKINGS--IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE YOU UNPOPULAR. REALLY.
WHATEVER.. OK... :twisted: :twisted:

pokeyman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby pokeyman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

LB wrote:SIXSAINT: REPEATEDLY SPAMMING EVERY SINGLE THREAD WITH INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STALLIONS IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANY MORE BOOKINGS--IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE YOU UNPOPULAR. REALLY.

Agreed. I's getting old.

You introduced yourself and people know where to contact you if they are interested in one of your stallions. Now, please feel free to make posts about any threads but AVOID the advertisements. It's just not classy nor professional. However, welcome to the forum and hope you find it informative and fun! :)

JYS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby JYS » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 am

We just booked a mare to Forestry. Those high price crops are just now turning two and fingers crossed by 2012 he's hot again. Although his sales numbers are still very good in relation to his current fee.

From what I understand he's next to full for anyone thinking of going to him. Don't wait much longer.

JYS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby JYS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Sent another mare to Indygo Shiner. They're getting a ton of interest in him again this year so act quickly if he's on your list of possibles. They booked over 60 mares in the past two weeks.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

JYS wrote:Sent another mare to Indygo Shiner. They're getting a ton of interest in him again this year so act quickly if he's on your list of possibles. They booked over 60 mares in the past two weeks.

I wonder why the sudden rush of interest now?

JYS
Maiden Special Weight

Postby JYS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm

They were flooded with interest after the Dubai races last year. With the carnival starting up again, maybe that reminded folks?

I have to say that both an independent agent and a rep at Hill n Dale both told me about the same huge increase in interest the last two weeks although the number of new additions were a bit different.