Inbreeding family 5-h?

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

madelyn

Inbreeding family 5-h?

Postby madelyn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:24 am

One of my very biggest broodmares (17.1h or so) is named Express to Boston. She's got some quite very good black type siblings and new (after I got the mare) GSW blacktype under two half sisters. She is by Boston Harbor, out of Whitesburg Express who is tail female to Rough Shod through Gambetta. It is the female family of Nureyev, Fairy King, Sadler's Wells, etc etc TONS of great stallions.. anyhow I've been really SHARPENING the pencil this year to get the few mares I send to outside stallions bred on the real cheap yet try to produce a really good horse. So I've been looking at stallions I can get to for free or very close to it and am intrigued by a couple with Nureyev up VERY close on the damside. Any comments on inbreeding family 5-h?

Note to self, someday when I have billions of spare hours I'm going to build a female family database that will provide all of these kinds of results!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:45 am

Inbreeding to that female family has proven very successful, but mostly thru Special. Although, that probably has more to do with the prevalence of Sadler's Wells and Nureyev. I believe it was the Truenicks blog that had some entries about the increase of good horses inbred to her.

Your mare is really interesting with Stormello. He was a talented runner and while his physical has a few shortcomings, including size, it sounds like your mare may be able to offset that.

You get linebreeding to Rough Shod thru the female line of Stormy Atlantic, via her champion daughter Moccasin.

You also pick up sex-balanced inbreeding to Seattle Slew, which has been very promising. Add in three lines of Northern Dancer via some of his best sire sons and linebreeding to the speedy Crimson Satan.

I believe he's 3.5k at Vinery.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks, that is interesting. I saw Stormello when he first got in at Vinery and he was, well, a bit weedy. He apparently only covered 33 mares last year - I wonder how many live foals he has?

I really like the inbreeding to Crimson Satan - I just wish it wasn't through Storm Cat. I REALLY like Carson City - it was a couple of his good sons out of Nureyev line mares I have been looking at. The family seems to like Blushing Groom (see Don't Forget Gil) & Mr. Prospector.

But I'll put Stormello on my short list. ETB is in foal to Cryptoclearance for a May baby. I have time on my side to plan/scheme/shop.

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 pm

He got a late start to the breeding season compared to his contemporaries and he was still nursing that injury. His physical was lacking, but I would give him another look. It could have been a complete lack of conditioning due to the injury rehab.

hpkingjr

State City?

Postby hpkingjr » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm

State City is usually listed in some of the stallion auctions.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks, hpkingjr! I'll keep an eye out.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Inbreeding family 5-h?

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am

madelyn wrote:One of my very biggest broodmares (17.1h or so) is named Express to Boston. She's got some quite very good black type siblings and new (after I got the mare) GSW blacktype under two half sisters. She is by Boston Harbor, out of Whitesburg Express who is tail female to Rough Shod through Gambetta. It is the female family of Nureyev, Fairy King, Sadler's Wells, etc etc TONS of great stallions.. anyhow I've been really SHARPENING the pencil this year to get the few mares I send to outside stallions bred on the real cheap yet try to produce a really good horse. So I've been looking at stallions I can get to for free or very close to it and am intrigued by a couple with Nureyev up VERY close on the damside. Any comments on inbreeding family 5-h?

Note to self, someday when I have billions of spare hours I'm going to build a female family database that will provide all of these kinds of results!

I am Bloodstock Agent Based in Fla currently in North Texas....
www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com
also BID @ www.gtoba.com Jan 11th I have SAME Stallions Listed...

also my site www.st-amandbloodstock.net :D

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 am

SIXSAINT wrote:
madelyn wrote:One of my very biggest broodmares (17.1h or so) is named Express to Boston. She's got some quite very good black type siblings and new (after I got the mare) GSW blacktype under two half sisters. She is by Boston Harbor, out of Whitesburg Express who is tail female to Rough Shod through Gambetta. It is the female family of Nureyev, Fairy King, Sadler's Wells, etc etc TONS of great stallions.. anyhow I've been really SHARPENING the pencil this year to get the few mares I send to outside stallions bred on the real cheap yet try to produce a really good horse. So I've been looking at stallions I can get to for free or very close to it and am intrigued by a couple with Nureyev up VERY close on the damside. Any comments on inbreeding family 5-h?

www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com

Could you give some insight on Halo Najib or Massive Drama and why you think they would be a good cross for this mare?

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 am

Tappiano wrote:
SIXSAINT wrote:

www.starquine.com

Could you give some insight on Halo Najib or Massive Drama and why you think they would be a good cross for this mare?

Please call me ok i will discuss if u like ... I just Nicked and I luv NORTHERN DANCER, SEATTLE SLEW on TOP & BOTTOM... Stamina, Bone, and ALL Surface Abilties.. Should be Excellent Nick to HALO NAJIB.. MASSIVE DRAMA is A nick and Bed Identiacal to Your Mare.. Massive Drama was the Most Expensive son of KAFWAIN bought @ $485,000 .... Both Are Super and I Placed them in $$$ INDIANA Mkt.. stallions are NOMINATED to Every Program including Breeders Cup... Call me You BID on www.starquine.com for $250 and SECURE a Season..!!! GURANTEED BREED BACK...

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 pm

This mare is not going to Indiana this year. She is fully paid KBIF and will stay here.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:22 pm

madelyn wrote:This mare is not going to Indiana this year. She is fully paid KBIF and will stay here.

ok ty.. Wish U success :D