Opinions on Saintly Charm

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

lindsay_aggie
Yearling

Opinions on Saintly Charm

Postby lindsay_aggie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:00 pm

What does everyone think about the mare Saintly Charm (St. Jovite x Teasing Charm) as a breed to race broodmare? Primarily to race in Texas (that is if we still have racing in a few years :? ).

http://www.pedigreequery.com/saintly+charm

In my opinion she has no major conformation flaws. Her oldest foal is a 2007 and has not started. Thanks in advance.
Ahr Farms- Standing at Stud Justice Minister (Deputy Minister x Double the Charm by Nodouble)

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:17 pm

What's not to like? Half to HYPERBARIC w/a solid pedigree.

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Does Texas have much turf racing? I don't follow that region.

She has a nice enough pedigree. I think more speed would do her well. You'd probably want to send her to something that throws that and versatility and hope the foal can handle anything you throw at it.

Early Flyer is a classy Texas stallion. I really like the linebreeding to Grey Flight he provides.

lindsay_aggie
Yearling

Postby lindsay_aggie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

She comes to my place tomorrow as a 3-in-1 package.

I do love Early Flyer, that is something to consider. We are near Retama Park where the only stakes racing this year was on turf, but I wouldn't say that Texas is exactly full of turf racing in general.

My thoughts with this mare are as follows: Hyperbaric is by Sky Classic who's broodmare sire is Nodouble. My stallion's broodmare sire is Nodouble so I thought that was a plus. However, it might be better to take a look at her previous foals and see what they are like before I decide on a stallion. By breeding this mare to my stallion I could end up with a turf horse who needs to run a mile and a half to get warmed up, which would not be ideal. Breeding her to a stallion with a little more speed might be much better.

Her two year old and yearling are both by Special Rate, who is off to a nice start. I have seen the yearling and he is a typical Special Rate colt, meaning huge and very eye catching with lots of bone.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/special+rate

Her weanling is by Waco Connection
http://www.pedigreequery.com/waco+connection

Thanks for the input!
Ahr Farms- Standing at Stud Justice Minister (Deputy Minister x Double the Charm by Nodouble)

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Numbers on St. Jovite as a bm sire are not too impressive. Other than that, solid ff which is more important in my book anyway. Inbreeding to Mahmoud is interesting.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm

I don't know how far he is in relation to you, but Richter Scale is pretty amazing with your mare.

Besides the obvious introduction of speed, you would get inbreeding to the bluehen mare Little Hut. Inbreeding to her and her family has been hugely successful. You'll also pick up some linebreeding to Flower Bowl and Ribot.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Opinions on Saintly Charm

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 am

lindsay_aggie wrote:What does everyone think about the mare Saintly Charm (St. Jovite x Teasing Charm) as a breed to race broodmare? Primarily to race in Texas (that is if we still have racing in a few years :? ).

http://www.pedigreequery.com/saintly+charm

In my opinion she has no major conformation flaws. Her oldest foal is a 2007 and has not started. Thanks in advance.

I am Bloodstock Agent Based in Fla currently in North Texas... It is EyeWash... Just like in 80's and 90's... ok Highs Lows... Ride the Wave.. ther eis Money out there..
www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 am

SIXSAINT, I don't know what kind of idiot would ship a mare from Texas to Indiana to breed - even more the question, what sort of even more idiotic fool would suggest such a thing?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 am

madelyn wrote:SIXSAINT, I don't know what kind of idiot would ship a mare from Texas to Indiana to breed - even more the question, what sort of even more idiotic fool would suggest such a thing?

I am in Texas.. and I am not Being Rude and U seem to Be.. People Do what they Feel is Right Based on Info Provided..ok.. So Be Respectful... ok.. :)

lindsay_aggie
Yearling

Postby lindsay_aggie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:23 pm

madelyn wrote:SIXSAINT, I don't know what kind of idiot would ship a mare from Texas to Indiana to breed - even more the question, what sort of even more idiotic fool would suggest such a thing?

I was wondering the same thing. Also interesting to suggest THE SAME STALLIONS to everyone who has posted here recently. I guess they will fit any mare huh?

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm

SIXSAINT wrote:

I am in Texas.. and I am not Being Rude and U seem to Be.. People Do what they Feel is Right Based on Info Provided..ok.. So Be Respectful... ok.. :)

No, not okay, Madelyn is right and she's not being rude. And given your interesting grasp of English, I would assume your are not a Texan, even thought you say you are in Texas.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

Back to Saintly Charm..

I have to admit I am not knowledgeable about Texas racing.. and am not "up on" the statistics of sires there. But I took some time to go through the stallion listings and Too Much Bling provides some interesting sex-balanced inbreeding.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....