Help me choose a stallion

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

jeff9061
Yearling

Postby jeff9061 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 am

This is great stuff. Investigating a lot of angles this discussion has caused me to think of, some on the board some not. Do like the Street Hero thought -- that is interesting. Was also surprised at Bop, didn't know much of him, but he is an interesting individual on paper for sure. Would consider it more if he was closer.

Appreciate these thoughts and your time.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 am

I have not seen Street Hero, but I loved Street Boss. We have a mare in foal to him, due in Feb. If you're interested--and not making your decision for a month or so--I can let you know how it turns out.

hpkingjr

Van Nistelrooy

Postby hpkingjr » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm

After re-reading the comments, if you want to combine Storm Cat and Halo look at Van Nistelrooy.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

I'm guessing Coolmore would work with you on price and he has been useful so far.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

jeff9061
Yearling

Postby jeff9061 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 pm

How do you feel about Van Nistelrooy on dirt? I do like the mating on paper, and appreciate you continuing to offer thoughts.

billl
2yo Maiden

Postby billl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am

Have you considered obtaining a Pennsylvania bred from Albert The Great?
Bill

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:06 pm

jeff9061 wrote:How do you feel about Van Nistelrooy on dirt? I do like the mating on paper, and appreciate you continuing to offer thoughts.

Many members of his female family have run well on the dirt and turf. You might also get the bonus of a horse that could handle the poly. Good luck with your decision.

jeff9061
Yearling

Postby jeff9061 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm

I had looked into Albert the Great with the Go For Gin foal now over $160K in earnings. But, if I'm breeding to race I'm probably going to breed closer to home so I can get to the races. I think ATG makes a lot of sense though.

Have a potential foal share with Bluegrass Cat on the table now. I primarily breed just to race, but might give this a shot. Guess I'd have to hope everything would go well, and that the market is much better at KEESEP12.

Going to give it another week of consideration and a few more calls, then try to finalize something.

Appreciate all the thoughts thus far.

Jeff.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Help me choose a stallion

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:42 am

jeff9061 wrote:I haven't booked this mare yet, and am trying to finalize a decision. Any opinions will be appreciated. Check her out here:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/spotted+feather2

She is 16-16.1, and thick. Unraced, although I don't know why. She's correct. She has three to hit the track, all are stakes placed. Those three are out of Go for Gin, Najran and Stephen Got Even. The 4yo Najran colt was very fast last year, posting 92 and 97 Beyers in his first two starts, which he won by a combined 25 lengths. But he must have some problems, he's been shelved for almost a year with only some sporadic workouts.

On my shortlist are First Defense, Political Force, Badge of Silver and City Zip. Considered Lion Heart, but he's a little small and I'm worried about the physics of the deal. I am breeding to race (on dirt), however I would definitely consider selling a yearling if I could get to a more commercial stallion for something I could afford, or for a foal share. She's been approved to the Darby Dan stallions for the 1/2 breeder earnings deal, but don't think I'm leaning that way.

Any other ideas or suggestions? I'm not able to sink much more into this than the guys I listed above, unless I get into some sort of sharing arrangement.

Thanks for any opinions.

Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Help me choose a stallion

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 am

jeff9061 wrote:I haven't booked this mare yet, and am trying to finalize a decision. Any opinions will be appreciated. Check her out here:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/spotted+feather2

She is 16-16.1, and thick. Unraced, although I don't know why. She's correct. She has three to hit the track, all are stakes placed. Those three are out of Go for Gin, Najran and Stephen Got Even. The 4yo Najran colt was very fast last year, posting 92 and 97 Beyers in his first two starts, which he won by a combined 25 lengths. But he must have some problems, he's been shelved for almost a year with only some sporadic workouts.

On my shortlist are First Defense, Political Force, Badge of Silver and City Zip. Considered Lion Heart, but he's a little small and I'm worried about the physics of the deal. I am breeding to race (on dirt), however I would definitely consider selling a yearling if I could get to a more commercial stallion for something I could afford, or for a foal share. She's been approved to the Darby Dan stallions for the 1/2 breeder earnings deal, but don't think I'm leaning that way.

Any other ideas or suggestions? I'm not able to sink much more into this than the guys I listed above, unless I get into some sort of sharing arrangement.

Thanks for any opinions.

I have PIONEEROF THE NILE @ VINERY tell them Brett St.Amand Sent u ok... Good People and If Mare Qualifies 50/50 Co-Brdr with ZAYAT STABLES No Fee...
www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com