Please help me choose!

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Roguelet

Please help me choose!

Postby Roguelet » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 am

After comparing pedigrees, conformation, etc etc etc, I have decided which stallions each of our mares will "date" this year, but I am going round and round on one mare, so I thought I would ask for everyone's thoughts.

The mare is Beatrix: THIS ONE

Stallion choices are Cool Quaker, Indy Mood, and Private Lap.

Beatrix has an Indy Mood colt who should race this year, and she has a Private Lap filly of 2009. She is back in foal to Private Lap for a 2010 foal.

I have found something to like about the cross with all three, but nothing to really nail down one stallion over the others like I was able to do with all of our other mares. I am leaning toward breeding her to Cool Quaker this year considering his age and the fact that she already has foals by the other two boys, but I'm wondering if I've been staring at pedigrees too long and am missing anything with this mare.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

drewsbadboy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby drewsbadboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:47 pm

I think I would go with Cool Quaker. Like you said, you have foals by the other two stallions and given Cool Quaker's age, you may get a foal by him that you really like (then you can hopefully breed back to him if you choose to). Plus I just like the T.V. Commercial line, and I like Quack. :)

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 am

OK, I've had one vote for Quaker here and several "off forum" votes for Quaker, so unless some of you start talking me out of it, Bea will probably end up "going gray" this year. :wink:

"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

onalimb
Allowance Winner

Postby onalimb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

If you throw out deciding by pedigree I would go with indy mood since her first IM is going to run this year.. good luck...
onalimb