NEW - TrueNicks Enhanced Report

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

brogers
Allowance Winner

NEW - TrueNicks Enhanced Report

Postby brogers » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 am

This morning we launched a newly enhanced TrueNicks report. This report extends the traditional one page TrueNicks report which had the rating and the best 5 horses bred on the cross, to a two page report with a detailed breakdown of the number of foals, runners, winners, stakes winners with their auction results, wins by surface (dirt, turf, synthetic), colts/fillies results and distance run and won at for horses bred on the cross. It also extends the top 5 to the top 15.

Here is Giant's Causeway when mated with Goldikova.

http://truenicks.com/free-reports/hypot ... er=7495262

Here is a list of all the subscribed stallions that we have on TrueNicks.

http://truenicks.com/stallions/subscribed-stallions

You can run reports for FREE here complimentary of the farms. Through to the end of 2010 the Truenicks enhanced report will run for free on the subscribed stallions. If you want to order a report for a hypothetical foal or named horse that is not subscribed to TrueNicks you can do this at www.equineline.com

While it takes a little longer to generate a report than before, we believe this to be a massive improvement on what nick ratings offered to date. Rather than being in the dark about how the rating is created and what it means, the enhanced report gives you all the data you need to make an informed decision about your mating.

Look forward to any feedback.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics
http://performancegenetics.com
Keen Ice...Verrazano...Fontiton...Divisidero...Breaking Lucky...Hoss Amor...

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 am

Byron -

FYI - I just tried the Giant's Causeway x Goldikova link from your thread above and got the old-style one page report. Then I got the same for one of the listed subscribed stallions (Valid Expecations) when I tried it from the other link you provided....don't kow if it's just me/my computer or a glitsch? Maybe the new 'report' hasn't actually gone live yet?

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 am

Byron, a while ago you were working on a product that would let you separate out nick with ancestors...the example you gave was inbreeding to Natalma via colts and fillies.

How's that coming? Can it separate out, say, Giant's Causeway by Danzig and Danzig sons other than Danehill?

brogers
Allowance Winner

Postby brogers » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 pm

We had a little hiccup with the server. It should be working ok now.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:10 am

I like the additional information but there's something that's silly (for lack of a better word). It's not a negative, just the first word that pops into my head.

My mare will cross superbly to sons of Silver Deputy and the best example is Kodiak Kowboy.
My mare will cross superbly TO Kodiak Kowboy because HE is that example.

Now that might be a logical "factor" because he is new and has no foals of his own to include, but the cross TO Kodiak Kowboy produces a foal that is 3 x 4 to Forty Niner, which is the most dominant factor in that breeding.

brogers
Allowance Winner

Postby brogers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Tappiano,

That may not necessarily be a bad thing, or as you put it "silly" for lack of a better word.

Olin Gentry (Snr) once said something along the lines of "return to the sire the best blood of his dam" which meant the best blood to breed back to the sire is what made his own dam.

We see this in a lot of successful horses. Posse just had a stakes winner out of a Rahy mare and he is out of a Rahy mare. That is an extreme example but you get the idea and it has been a successful one.

Flying Spur was out of a Mr Prospector mare and when I was at Arrowfield I bought a Quiet American mare to send to him and the resultant foal was the multiple Gr 1 winner Mentality.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 am

What I'm getting at is the best example of the cross and using that horse yields an identical result. I would expect to see some variation because it's got an additional "factor" that is more dominant than the source you are using to calculate the result in the first place.

In other words if you are working backwards you would stop when you hit Kodiak Kowboy, but if you were working forward Forty Niner would be the starting point and therefore the result would have to be different. Does that make sense?

brogers
Allowance Winner

Postby brogers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 pm

The free trial period for all TrueNicks subscribed stallions with the enhanced report ended yesterday so you will see the standard report return.

However, you will see today that all the stallions from WinStar, Shadwell, Castleton Lyons, Juddmonte, Three Chimneys, Adena Springs, Pauls Mill, Spendthrift and Darley USA will have their reports remain as enhanced, courtesy of these farms.

If you want to get an enhanced report for a mating with a stallion that is not at one of these farms you can do so by ordering it at www.equineline.com (it is report 10ETP) or you can suggest to the farm owners that they 'get enhanced' :).

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the users of TrueNicks, including some members of this forum, who gave us feedback that helped us develop the enhanced report. We think that it is a great addition to help you make informed mating and purchasing decisions. We are also looking forward to rolling out a number of other feature enhancements at TrueNicks this year based on this feedback which should assist further in the quest to breed a superior racehorse.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics