Stallion selection narrowed down

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Pav
2yo Maiden

Stallion selection narrowed down

Postby Pav » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 am

... for my mare Gloriousexcitement in CA. My three options are: Papa Clem, Decarchy, and Siberian Summer. Anyone have any thoughts on which is the best match? best value?

Thx,
Pav

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 am

on paper, and not knowing if you're breeding to race yourself or commercially, I'd go first with Decarchy, then Papa Clem.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

I have had very good luck using Decarchy. I've had 3 foals, they have all been nice, and the Decarchy's will run.

Sierra
Yearling

Re: Stallion selection narrowed down

Postby Sierra » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 am

Pav wrote:... for my mare Gloriousexcitement in CA. My three options are: Papa Clem, Decarchy, and Siberian Summer. Anyone have any thoughts on which is the best match? best value?

Thx,
Pav

You might also consider the stallion Bedford Falls. His first foals (now yearlings) are gorgeous!

His half-brother, Harlan's Holiday, produced Tasha's Miracle -- a multiple graded stakes winner in CA on turf and synthetics -- from the Relaunch broodmare sire line, same as your mare. Gloriousexcitement is an "A" nick with Bedford Falls, if you are a fan of eNicks.

Lots of information (and foal photos) are available here:
http://www.thoroughbredinfo.com/showcas ... dfalls.htm

Good luck with your final decision!

vallygirl927
Allowance Winner

Postby vallygirl927 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Yes, I've heard good things about Bedford Falls babies. I've also heard the owner of the stallion is going to try to support his babies at the sales. Might be an option for you.