Now this is inbreeding!

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

brogers
Allowance Winner

Now this is inbreeding!

Postby brogers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Have a look at the pedigree of the Scat Daddy colt that sold for $400,000 at the OBS 2yo Sale today

http://truenicks.com/free-reports/hypot ... er=7389878
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics
http://performancegenetics.com
Keen Ice...Verrazano...Fontiton...Divisidero...Breaking Lucky...Hoss Amor...

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Looks like a waste of money

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:44 am

I would worry about legs with that close an inbreeding to both Mr. P and Storm Cat. However, if he sold for that price ticket, he must have been fairly correct.

http://www.obssales.com/marcatalog/2011/137.PDF

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:00 pm

He must have previewed lights out. The mare, Madagascat, had two starts, ran dead last in a MSW then mid pack in a M30k. Was claimed out of the race by Cody Autrey and never started again.

Perhaps all the inbreeding passed down racing genes. Inbreeding does enhance sameness and if that sameness is superior racing genetics it can be a home run.
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Hallo,
here in Germany a pretty close inbred Colt, laster Sire named Sumitas was and raced.

Here you can read what I told a frined of mine about his ped:
At first last start with „Sumitas“. I discovered him first and his pedigree (3 gen.) at the „Baden-Baden Yearlings-Auction“ catalogue 3 years ago. He was bred by Gestuet Faehrhof, one of our best and most successful studs, but was just founded in the early sixties by Walter Jacobs, who was in the coffee trade. He died two year ago, over 90 years old. Because „Sumitas“ was bred there, I tought he would became the top-seller and so did it happen. He was purchased by Baron (this is a German Nobility titel) Georg von Ullmann, he belongs to the family which founded another famous German Stud,. it’s „Schlenderhan“, for 500 000 DM! This was the highest price ever paid at an public auction. Opposite to many top-seller he proved worth his price. So far I remember he was unbeaten as two-year old, but suffered defeat as 3 year old and got a fifth place in last years German Derby. Several racing journalist had the opinion a shorter distance, would be more appropiate for him. Recently he managed a second place to „Dubai Millenium“ in the ‚Prince of Wales Stakes’Group I. But now let’s have a look at his 5 generation pedigree. Sumitas (Fam. 19) is bred as follows: 3 x 5 Nijinsky, 3 x 4 Suruma, 4 x 5 Literat, 4 x 5 Love In, 4 x 5 Reliance, 5 x 5 Neckar, 5 x 5 Kaiserkrone. He is inbred/linebreed within 5 gen through three important broodmares in the German Studbook, even more important these came via son and daughter strains!!There are other inportant names included, 2 German (Neckar, Literat), 1 French (Reliance) and Nijinsky (Niniski, Ile de Bourbon), no comment necessary! Isn’t it a great pedigree. No wonder it caught my eye in the sales catalogue. Let’s hope that Sumitas can prove his ability furthermore on the racetracks and will not be troubled by injuries.

HeSumitas raced from 2 - 6 years, with 37 starts, 7 wins,
5 secondplacings and 4 thirdplaced.

regards from Germany, bettina