Queen Hypolita

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

griff
Leading Sire

Queen Hypolita

Postby griff » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:07 am

Looking for a mid atlantic stallion for Queen Hypolita

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm

went to eNicks and found almost no stallions that nick with Queen Hypolita

the pulled up WERK MareMatch and forunf 5 A++ in Mid lantic and 15 A ++ in KY.

I realize both systems fall short in that neither include the mares in their analysis but do not understand how that can be so differient.

griff

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:29 am

People have to pay to have their stallions in eNicks.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 am

don't want to buck up and send her to KY?

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm

I understand how WERK Mare Match works but when they come up with a A++ or a A or what ever they list the nicks that have worked with the wo sire lines..

Seems like those same successful nicks would show up in he eNick analysis.

Nope not interested in a KY sallion when I can get to a son of Mr P o/o a daughter of ND who was o/o Numbered Account by Buclpasser for $15k

And be eligible for the Maryland Millions.

Lion Hearted is another bagan at $3,000 and his get also get to compete in he MD millions.

And many more.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:21 am

All else being equal I would send her to NY to Freud.

No, you don't get Maryland Stallion Series but you do get NY series, possibly PA-bred or WV bred.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:05 pm

thanks

a full brother to Giants Causeway is indeed a good suggestion

Still leaning towards Lion Hearted for $3000

griff

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:20 pm

griff wrote:thanks

a full brother to Giants Causeway is indeed a good suggestion

Still leaning towards Lion Hearted for $3000

griff

It's all down to what you want to pay, I suppose. Freud will probably stand for $10k next year. He's also in a different league to most regional stallions...him, Not For Love, and Montbrook are good enough to stand in KY but are the kings of their respective regional programs.

Either way, I think she's calling out for some Storm Cat, what with the Blushing Groom up top, so Lion Hearted would work well.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Along the Storm Cat idea line is Wiseman's Ferry for $3500 in PA.

He's got a 1.26AEI to 1.09CI, and that's last year's ratings from the Bloodhorse .pdf so it's not influenced by this year's efforts from Wise Dan.

Lion Hearted has better results in terms of stakes production, some of which are because he has the Maryland Stallion Series on his side, part of which is he has received much better mares (1.33CI as opposed to 1.09), and part of it is that he has literally twice as many foals as Wiseman's Ferry. Their average and median earnings are essentially the same--$44k/$24k for WF and $51k/$28k for LH.

Lion Hearted is more likely to get you a stakes winner and your moneymaking triumvirate of MD sired/PA bred/DE certified, but if he doesn't match up well physically and you don't feel like shelling out for Freud, WF gets you the same bloodline and good results for a similar price and full PA-bred breeder and owner bonuses.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:10 am

Thanks Kimberly mine

I'll certainly look into Wise Man. Do you know if there are any PASIRED perks??

Also, I have a Cryptoclearance mare o/o a Silver dam [Adamandia's Girl] that should nick well with WM and dropping her Prospect Bay foal in PA would make it a PABRED and WVSIRED.

Adamandia's Girl looks very much like Cryptoclearance while QH is built like a QH.

I'm trying to gt a horse in @ CTown on the 10th and another in at PARKS on the 13th and will use those trips to look at both, plus Albert The Great. .

Thanks again

griff

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:38 am

eNicks gives Queen Hypolita a "D" rating with both Lion Hearted and Wisemans Ferry.

But here's the kicker; eNicks gives Adamandia's Girl an "A+" with Lion Hearted and a "D" with Wisemans Ferry.

I only use eNicks and WERKs as one tool as both leave out the mares which to me are the most important part of nicking. However, I would have given good odds that both would have given Adamandia's Girl the same rating with both Lion Hearted and Wiseman's Ferry.

????

griff

Fireslam
Allowance Winner

Postby Fireslam » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:51 am

Lion Hearted's numbers are boosted by the Maryland breeder program, as he only has one graded stakes winner. For $3,000, he's probably not a bad buy.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm

eNicks and Werk stuff both go by number of stakes winners on a given cross. If there are very few stakes winners, it will be a poor rating. Also, beware small sample size error...if you have to go back three generations to get enough horses to form a sample (e.g. you want to breed to a grandson of Storm Cat such as Wiseman's Ferry), chances are there just aren't enough crosses to get good data. Fairbanks, Wiseman's Ferry, and Indian Ocean are all grandsons of Storm Cat...but they're all very different with very different aptitudes.

QH's pedigree is going to be an outcross to just about everybody except Bop, and as good a horse as that one is I don't really recommend him for Queen Hypolita...he's a five-furlong speedster siring five-furlong speedsters, and since she was a five-furlong horse you risk getting a quarter horse.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 pm

had not looked at bop but now have;

Queen Hypolita is a QH type while Bop is long and lean.. The resulting foal would have a dosage profile of 6-2-8-0-0(16) which was a surprise as I had also expected very heavy numbers on the left and a DI of around 9.0

3S X 4D to Blushing Groom

4S X 5D to Mr. P

5S X 5D to Dr Fager

However, still leaning towards Lion Hearted

Thanks to everyone for the inputs

griff