Champs Elysees Mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

truehoncho
Suckling

Champs Elysees Mare

Postby truehoncho » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:29 am

Would a mare by Champs Elysees go well with a stallion out of a daughter of Dansili?

springboro
Grade II Winner

Re: Champs Elysees Mare

Postby springboro » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:52 am

way too close an inbreeding.

But I guess if one were to inbreed to a superior mare, Hasili would be the one to choose!

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Postby Altanbarr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:40 am

There is an opportunity to inbreed to top producing full sisters Supercharger through Super Saver and She's a Winner through Bluegrass Cat. Both are daughter of AP Indy and Get Lucky. I almost tried it. I am sure someone will, maybe with Run Happy.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=hypomating&search_bar=hypomating&l=&all=No&g=5&hypo_name=&hypo_yob=&hypo_sex=&cellpadding=0&cellspacing=0&small_font=1&border=0&no_ads=&text_color=000000&bgcolor=&t=&done=y&hypo_sire=COMPETITIVE+EDGE5&hypo_dam=YABUQUIVA2

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm

I would not hesitate to linebreed closely to Hasili given that she produced not only exceptional talent but also some quite durable foals.

Linebreeding to Danehill, however, has had poor results in Australia so far (where it has been tried more often), and when it's worked, it has been through a son and daughter rather than two sons.