Lure

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

springboro
Grade II Winner

Lure

Postby springboro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:37 pm

I just finished watching the special video salute to Lure on the Bloodhorse page. I remember what an amazing performer he was, and I'm glad he has ended up in a good home.

He is listed as retired because of poor fertility. Does that mean he is not allowed to cover mares anymore? He always got a few mares pregnant, and several of his foals were quite talented runners.

I have an old mare I'd run with him to see what happened.... I can't imagine that Claiborne would even entertain the offer.

Barbaro06
Grade I Winner

Postby Barbaro06 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Nope, he's officially retired from breeding from what I understand from the video. They have him over at Marchmont, away from the stud barn. He only got 107 foals in the nine crops he was able to sire. A shame...he was an awesome miler. I remember he deadheated for first with Devil His Due in the Gotham. Then he switched to turf and the rest was history.
A horse gallops with his lungs
Perseveres with his heart
And wins with his character. --Tesio

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Barbaro06 wrote:Nope, he's officially retired from breeding from what I understand from the video. They have him over at Marchmont, away from the stud barn. He only got 107 foals in the nine crops he was able to sire. A shame...he was an awesome miler. I remember he deadheated for first with Devil His Due in the Gotham. Then he switched to turf and the rest was history.

i remember the race ...i seem to recall them going a half mile in 43 & change.....they were smoking that day...unbelievable.
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

GreenThumb
Maiden Special Weight

Postby GreenThumb » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:31 pm

So you can not even ask them to attempt to cover a mare. It would be worth a try. I heard they are still breeding Glitterman.

helen in FL
Starters Handicap

Postby helen in FL » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:42 pm

He's a handsome lookin fella that's for sure. You never know what you get with pasture breeding.

magic code
Starters Handicap

Postby magic code » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:01 am

I read somewhere that his not breeding is a condition of Ashford's contract with Claiborne.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Barbaro06 wrote:Nope, he's officially retired from breeding from what I understand from the video. They have him over at Marchmont, away from the stud barn. He only got 107 foals in the nine crops he was able to sire. A shame...he was an awesome miler. I remember he deadheated for first with Devil His Due in the Gotham. Then he switched to turf and the rest was history.

The last time this thread about LURE was
re-activated was awhile back!

FAST FORWARD---FAST FORWARD----FAST FORWARD

LURE's ORPEN has now sired the talented Italian achiever

BLU CONSTELLATION (Bay H 2008)http://www.pedigreequery.com/blu+constellation

Enjoy the re-emergence of LURE's tail-male-lineage.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 pm

BLU CONSTELLATION (Bay H 2008)

http://www.pedigreequery.com/blu+constellation

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I saw LURE at Marchmont in May or June. He looks great! Still has a tough personality, though.

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:05 pm

I saw LURE at Marchmont in May or June. He looks great! Still has a tough personality, though.

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 pm

I would like to open for discussion the legacy of LURE's tail male lineage. If his tail male lineage successfully manages to produce a single horse like him.......WOW!

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Jorge wrote:BLU CONSTELLATION (Bay H 2008)

http://www.pedigreequery.com/blu+constellation

From RACINGPOST.COM

Don’t miss to read this article on BLU CONSTELLATION:
“Final Group race of the year ends in dead-heat”
At:
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Bohemia
Starters Handicap

Postby Bohemia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm

[quote="Barcaldine"]I saw LURE at Marchmont in May or June. He looks great! Still has a tough personality, though.[/quote]

Lure was one of my all-time favorites; I remember covering his Caesars International at Atlantic City when he battled with Star of Cozzene. Glad to know he's still alive. Did you take any pictures?

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm

No, I suppose I should have, though. I was at the farm to look at a stallion prospect and somehow the conversation turned to Lure. When the manager told me he was in a paddock not 50 yards from where we were standing I went into fan mode and asked if I could see him. He was happy to show me, while warning not to get too close to him when he came to the fence.

At 23 years old he looked half his age. And acted like it, too. Kinda like me.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 am

Barcaldine wrote:At 23 years old he looked half his age. And acted like it, too. Kinda like me.

So now your admitting to acting like an 11 1/2 yr old. Kudos. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edited by Moderator