Umrigar - what are your thoughts?

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Umrigar - what are your thoughts?

Postby TrueColours » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:57 pm

He is not from an especially commercial sire or dam line, but based on the fact that he was 60th on the leading sires of Canada list as of December 21st, 2004 (which in itself isn’t great – but bearing in mind that it was based on only four runners it’s pretty darn good). Here’s a copy of the list, if you look at how many get most of the stallions are represented by you will see that Umrigar is doing decently for himself. http://www.cthsbc.org/leading_sires_12_21_04.htm

What are your thoughts on him? I know that he was a favorite to win the Queen's Plate when he ran in it, but an accident in his stall leading up to the race precluded a victory in the Plate.

Was he not marketed correctly, is his pedigree not commercial enough for race breeders, or ???

What niche market could he be slotted towards to assure him a measure of success that I believe he rightly deserves?

What strengths and benefits would you tout in marketing him to Mare Owners?

Many thanks!
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed