Dynaformer

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Derby2004
Starters Handicap

Dynaformer

Postby Derby2004 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:41 pm

I noticed that Dynaformer is 20 years old this year and does not have a serious stallion son at stud. Are his colts just too hard to handle and so they geld them? Is he destined to be a leading sire of broodmare sires. I noticed that Dynever and Eishin Hampton are his best sons that are not gelded. Any thoughts how they will do if they go to stud?

TomFool
Allowance Winner

Postby TomFool » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:19 pm

It seems as to if as great a sire & sire of sires Roberto has been his tale male line may very well cut of at his sons. While Silver Hawk, Lear Fan, Red Ransom & Dynaformer all are good to very good sires & broodmare sires none have a son worth breeding to. Kris S has Kissin Kris, Prized & You and I who all 3 are just average to below average sires. Arch & Dr Fong may prove to be decent sires but I highly doubt ever great. As much as I love Roberto his tail male line is in serious trouble for the future.

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:24 am

TomFool wrote:Kris S has Kissin Kris, Prized & You and I who all 3 are just average to below average sires. Arch & Dr Fong may prove to be decent sires but I highly doubt ever great. As much as I love Roberto his tail male line is in serious trouble for the future.

Roberto seems to be like Bold Ruler ... just barely hanging on and just when you think it's on the verge of dying off, one more pops up to carry on for another decade or so.

and Kissin Kris just had his first son go to stud ... Kiss Of Fury is apparently at stud in New York.

Personally, I'd thought Kissin Saint would have been the first.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:03 am

When 50 freshman sires sire their 1st. 4 crops, their will be only a handful of them that will make make the grade.

When these same handful of stallions attempt to become sire of sires, they will run into a head wind and maybe only 1 will qualify.

When these stallions daughters try to become producers, they will find their task is not easy, as above average BMS are few and far between.

These examples of above makes it a nightmare for breeders to find the holy grail to breed a quality TB. This is why this sport of TB offer the greatest challenge to all. This is a tough game, but I love the challenge to try to breed the big horse. Amen.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio