Essence of Dubai...is anyone booking to him this year?

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Essence of Dubai...is anyone booking to him this year?

Postby ZiaLand » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:58 am

I really like this young stallion and I'm curious if anyone here has or is planning to book to him this year. Seems he has a lot going for him and is an excellent value at $7,500. The Pulpit over Epitome pedigree is very intriguing. I also think of all the stallions pictured in this year's registries, he's one of the real standouts.

I'm interested in any comments...both pro and con.

Thanks,
Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:27 pm

hi ZiaLand

My experience is that Essence of Dubai makes a very good...strong...and positive impression.

He's what might best be described as an average-size horse with lots of quality...that is Exceptionally well-balanced and proportioned...with an outstanding set of legs. All of this may explain his $2.3 mil purchase price as a yearling..

I believe it's fair to say that he's a very athletic and racy individual...looks clean-as-a-whistle...and is a FANTASTIC walker.

In the flesh...E of D is a very "high-energy" horse (certainly not placid or laid-back)...that seems to have a particularly forward (or possibly aggressive) way about him...the kind of temperament that I expect serves as fair-warning to a handler (or groom) that he/she might best be served by never taking their eyes off of him (or letting his/her mind wander) when working around him...even for a moment.

Respectfully

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am

FOS, thanks so much for your thoughtful insights. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but these are the important stories the picture doesn't tell. Much appreciated!

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:00 pm

hi again ZiaLand,

He really is a lovely horse to look at...and has a very agile...almost cat-like way about him.

Best to you.

Respectfully