Hard Buck

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Tom
Weanling

Hard Buck

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:25 am

I see that a stallion Hard Buck is at Cloverleaf. He s by Spend a Buck.. Any thoughts on him? What mares would be good with his pedigree?

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:28 pm

Multiple G1 winner, effective from 1 to 1-1/2 miles, a lot of superior turf runners in the pedigree but showed some ability on dirt. A key line for him may be the 4-d family of *Boudoir II to whom his broodmare sire Secreto traces. I have a feeling that the Seattle Slew line may also work: commonalities are Nearco/*Nasrullah/Bold Ruler, *Princequillo, War Admiral, *La Troienne (with 3/4 sis Adargatis), Black Toney/Blue Larkspur.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Flight
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Flight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:57 pm

Tom

I did see footage of his gallant second placings in both Dubai and England.

He was certainly a tough race horse and had no problems travelling half way around the world.

I'm hoping that he does OK at stud as that is the only way one of our farms will shuttle him down here. I have a mare that would just love to visit him. Twice! :)