captain bodgit

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shannon
Starters Handicap

Postby Shannon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:23 pm

Dave. Great points. Also, Captain Bodgit is going to have to compete with the several other new stallions to Alberta this year, and the added BC incentives of BC sired, BC bred bonuses offered now. It is a good reason to keep BC mares at home this year. It will be an interesting year I think with several prominant and fashionable stallions now dead, and many new ones moving in.
A woman needs 2 animals in her life-the horse of her dreams, and a jackass to pay for it!

reenci
Grade II Winner

lots of mares for the captain

Postby reenci » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:58 am

recieved an email from margaux farm in KY about the captain in his new home in calgary, seems his new owner bought 25 mares of good quality , just for the captain to breed to .glad to see it as NY never really gave this horse a chance.
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:45 pm

I remember seeing a number of the Capt's first crop at a Timonium sale. I didn't like what I saw. The yearlings were very light boned up front. Very long necks were the norm and heads were not proportional. I just never had any curiosity about his foals after that. Did anyone have the same experience or feeling? Best wishes - Shammy

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:41 am

I take most of my last post back. Reenci emailed me a picture of her Captain Bodgit mare. She is just beautiful. :oops: I regret giving up on the Captain so early. Sincerely, Shammy