Invasor [ARG]

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Photon reached the speed of light!

Postby Brigitte » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 pm

He's invasor's 7th winner. Yesterday the baby pictures, today the chart for his first win:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/GP011912USA3.pdf

He went off at odds of 0.40 and won well for $7,800. You guessed it, he was claimed - a bargain at $12,500.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Congrats to all the connections!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Gagne finished 6th (last) by 10 1/4 lengths - worse than her first race when she was bumped? Well, comparing the charts, she broke 3d, was first at the 1/4 and second by a head at 1/2 - as the chart says she showed speed, then faltered. In fact looking at the splits and fractions she ran quite a bit faster for the first half of this race before weakening. I'm no trainer but the first race was a question mark, this time she showed something to work with.

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Holy Invader's race was cancelled by Parx along with the whole Sat card.

Last time Kollos was done early in a 5f race on dirt, this time at 7.5 f on turf he broke first and set "the clear pace" until he was headed at the top of the stretch. Then he faded to what would have been last if his stablemate hadn't acted up and left his rider at the gate. Same result as before but he moved forward, helped by the slower pace of a longer race. If he'd stalked he'd have been a lot closer ...
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/FG012112USA3.pdf

Clh: Been meaning to ask: is Vader home with you or taking his break at Beulah? Give him an extra carrot for me!

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:14 pm

I wish he was home with me but since I don't have any other horses here I don't think he'd be too happy here and I'm going in for a hip replacement on Tuesday so I wouldn't be able to care for him anyhow, so he's still with Ivan at Beulah. He's happy there. Not An Altar Boy (his buddy) runs again on the 27th at Turfway. He ran a week and half ago or so and came in 3rd so he liked the artificial surface pretty well. He did not however like riding in the trailer by himself, having screamed all the way for Vader :wink:

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Clh: Good luck on Tuesday! I live in Albuquerque next to the Sandia Mtns. It's a hiker paradise. I hike with older women like myself and several in the group, or their husbands, have had joint replacements and are very active hiking, snowshoeing and skiing. So hang in there!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 pm

CLH, Good luck on Tuesday! I hope it's minimally invasive and you sail right through.
Diane

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 am

clh - good luck tuesday! And ditto what Diane said :)
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks guys, hopefully it will go okay. I broke the hip four years ago taking Laird's Honor to Teuflesburg when I fell in the driveway at Hurricane Hall in a rut in their frozen driveway :(. They only replaced the femur but I think when "Cash", the McCaskill/Suave colt kicked me in the knee in the summer of 2010 and I had to have knee surgery it dislodge the tip of the implant so it has been jiggling in my leg since then causing me quite a bit of pain. Of course, telling the doctors "my hip/leg hurts and I'm pretty sure it is the replacement" they think I'm nuts and continue to treat me for my back. You would have thought after the whole broken bones in the foot thing they would think I know what I'm talking about. FINALLY someone listened and said yep, pretty sure you've knocked that sucker loose. So he's going to rip it out and put in a total hip replacement. I laughed and told him he's under some heavy pressure because I had no pain with the first one so that is what I'm expecting with this one. He's not promising anything - ha!

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh, good luck with your surgery and best wishes for a smooth recovery!

-Sue

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery, clh! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Expression steps up to race against winners in a $50,000 Optional Claimer at Aqueduct for her new connections. There's been a storm of claims at the Big A, Expression was one, but none of the 7 fillies are in for a tag. The race is 6 f on the inner track and Expression has the same jockey who won with her last time. Purse is $51,000.

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/AQU012612USA-EQB.html#RACE3

Expression is second ML choice even though some other fillies are multiple winners. The ML favorite was second in a starter stakes.

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Expression was second stepping up to a $50,000 optional claimer after 2 weeks. She earned $10,200.

I did a study on the race, very interesting. The winner’s last race was a starter stakes. She set the pace and was caught in the stretch to be 2nd by 6 lengths. In this race she set a slower pace in the beginning and wasn’t caught. The final time was just 0.03 seconds slower than the final time of the starter stakes.

Expression had to step up because every fraction of this race was faster than the mcl she just won. She got to 2nd at the half but was still 5 wide at the end of the backstretch. Then she cut over to the rail but couldn’t get closer to the winner. She was second by 4 ¾ and 4 ahead of the horse in 3d. She did step up.

It seems clear that Expression can win a 6f race at this level, and move on to a stakes. But why keep sprinting her? Her dam was 2nd at 1 1/16 in her only race. Expression already stalks. In a longer race with a slower pace she’ll move up like her half brothers and sisters and her early speed will become tactical speed and a closing punch. I bet her trainer moves on to 7f or further next time.

Expression’s race:
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/AQU012612USA3.pdf

The starter stakes:
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/AQU010512USA3.pdf

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Brigitte » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Kollos is racing on 1/29 in a $10,000 mcl at 5f on dirt.

In his first race at 5.5 f on dirt he burned out early, was last. Eight days ago he raced at 7f on turf and led to the upper stretch before fading badly. So does that mean he'll stay 5f? Or will the hotter 5f sprint pace burn him out? Stay tuned.

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FG012912USA-EQB.html#RACE4

Brigitte
Restricted Stakes Winner

A new runner at Fairgrounds

Postby Brigitte » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Kollos was scratched.

Azure Hills makes her debut on 2/3/12 at Fairgrounds in a 30,000 mcl 7.5 f on turf for a purse of 27,000.
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FG020312USA-EQB.html#RACE10

Galilee is entered in a $12,500 mcl at Gulfstream on 2/2/12 at a mile on dirt for a purse of $16,500.
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GP020212USA-EQB.html#RACE3

Holy Invader is entered in a $25,000 mcl at Parx on 1/31/12 at a mile and 70 yds on dirt for a purse of $28,000. He is the ML favorite.
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/PRX013112USA-EQB.html#RACE3