Invasor [ARG]

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Invasor [ARG]

Postby BargainBlueblood » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Curious if any of you have seen this guy in person, or have experience with any of his foals/yearlings/current 2-year-olds. His sales stats are really solid for 2010 -- 98K yearling average; 55K yearling median -- but he only bred 44 mares last year, which is quite surprising. I guess for every Candy Ride, there's a Gentlemen, but Invasor was a pretty awesome talent.
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Poster clh had a colt by Invasor. You might trying pm'ing her if she doesn't see this thread.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks LB - you have a heck of a memory ;)

BargainBlueblood - I currently have a 2 year old Invasor colt out of the mare Allou (Seattle Slew/Fun Crowd (Easy Goer/Populi). Shadwell never overbreeds any of their stallions. When we bred Allou I don't think he covered 85 mares his first year at stud and alot of those were their mares. Invasor is a nice stallion but the few times I've seen him he didn't necessarily strike you as having alot of "pazzow". He walked out to be shown like he was a plow horse (ha). Really very laid back (which is surprising considering his race record, their stallion Daaher on the other hand comes out raring to go :) so the difference is striking). He fit my mare really well though and I loved that he raced as long as he did which was what I was looking for (someone who actually went beyond their 3 year old career ;).

Midnight Vader (Vader) our two year old just went to the trainer the first of the year and so far so good. The trainer is very, very happy with him and said he was very smart and is a quick learner. He is really dark brown and will probably end up being a monster like his half sister Slew's Night Moves (Toccet out of Allou). Of course the trainer was really happy to have an Invasor because he was pretty sure not many of them would be OH breds :roll: I am anxious to see what the Invasor's do as well and hope only good things happen for this boy who has tons of personality :)

Hope this was helpful.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

clh did you have/see the Good Reward colt oo Allou?

any observations on him vs the others? Am interested in Good Reward.

thx

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Allou was our mare until I sold her this past November :cry: so yep, I am very familiar with her Good Reward colt. We called him Bratley ;). Randy (Miles) and his crew who broke and sold him called him Little Geofrey (after the ToysRUs fellow) and his JC name is "Mister Funnycat" - am not sure about that :roll: . Allou's babies were sometimes late bloomers and the Good Reward colt was one of them. I swear, it seemed like he could hide behind a two by four for forever! He finally did fill out but even when we sold him as a two year old he was still immature but he ended up being Randy's favorite. I was hoping they would hold off on racing him until he grew up some more but no such luck. I really liked Good Reward. I know his babies have not been lighting up the boards right now but he had a nice race record and when compared to Grand Reward I liked his physical alot better (but that was just me). Here is a picture of the Grand Reward/Allou colt a few months before he sold.

[img][img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/cherhop/may_sale_0181AllouGoodReward.jpg[/img][/img]

Hope this helped. I think Three Chimneys is offering a pretty good deal on him right now as they are really wanting to get his babies on the track. Also if it helps, most of the people who saw the two Suave colts and this colt thought he was the better racing looking prospect. My farrier absolutely loved him from the time he was born. Temperment-wise, Allou's babies were always a little independent because she wasn't the most nuturing mom in the field and he was called Bratley because he was, well, a brat, in the sense that he was always in your face wanting attention, not her typical "get", so perhaps that was from Good Reward ...

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm

thanks so much for your comments/info. pretty good lookin guy. Gotta like 'personality' and maybe a little 'ornery', but not the alternative.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 am

He was even a better looking two year old for $5,000 :lol: which is what he sold for.

newby
Suckling

Yearling Filly

Postby newby » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I have an Invasor filly out of Point Me the Way (Point Given). She's awesome...very laid back, smart, large, shows no fear, and is fast.

Image[/img]

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:44 am

clh's Invasor colt, Midnight Vader, is now a stakes placed 2 year old. :)

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:15 am

clh, I rubbed Populi on the racetrack. Joe Cantey had her. Her brother was Temperance Hill. Opps, make that 1/2 brother.

winds

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:27 am

newby - your filly looks lovely. What are your plans with her? As LB said, Midnight Vader is now stakes placed will going to the Kindergarten Stakes this coming weekend in OH. Hopefully his barn buddy here at the farm and his stablemate at the trainers won't beat him again :)

winds - how cool that you rubbed Populi! I think anyone looking at Allou's pedigree can't help but find it a really nice one. I think the folks that bought her in November got themselves a real gem, but that of course, is my very humble opinion.

newby
Suckling

Postby newby » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Clh congratulations and I'll definitely be rooting for you! I'm going to send her for training when she's ready. She's a little bit of a late foal and is pushing 16h at 16 months. So, I'm going give her as much time as needed to develop.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks!

Midnight Vader (Invasor out of Allou) and
Not An Altar Boy (Teuflesburg out of Laird's Honor) can use all the fans they can get :)

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

we had Laird's Honors' 1/2 sister Laird's Prize on the farm this year :)
Last edited by Crystal on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 am

I've got my mare Basic Instinct in foal to Invasor for a 2012 foal, so here's hoping his babies can all run like the wind.
Michael Slezak

Bargain Blueblood

[email protected]

917.455.0693 (cell)