VICTORY GALLOP

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

halo
Starters Handicap

Postby halo » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:13 pm

A good case of twisting numbers. Successful Appeal has 4 winners out of 14 starters, including one stakes winner (Gr. 3 winner of the 1 1/8 mile Holy Bull Stakes, Closing Argument) with earnings of $226,000. Victory Gallop has 13 winners from 56 starters with earnings of $359,000, not $500,000.

st. louis kid
Maiden Special Weight

Postby st. louis kid » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:40 pm

I don't know how you use the numbers in this business, I go by winners and how much they won. How am I twisting any numbers. Per the Thoroughbred Times, Victory Gallop has earnings of $465,000 so far this year and is #46 on the general sire list this year. Not to bad for a third year sire who has seen average mares.
To many the question with Successful Appeal is how will his offspring do as they mature. He will probably sire 2 year olds, but what will he do as the races get longer and he goes against sires that are known to produce horses that need time to mature. So far this year, not that great. Take away the big horse and he has 3 winners out of a crop of 37 3 year olds for about $130,000 in earnings. For me I would be wary of spending $25,000 until I see more.

halo
Starters Handicap

Postby halo » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:57 am

I am using the figures published daily by the Blood Horse. And I dont think anyone has said that Victory Gallop is a bum as a sire. Just that at $30,000, he is absolutely no value. I also dont understand why everyone thinks S.A. will be a 2 year old sire only. He himself was a good 3 and 4 year old, and Valid Appeal wasnt strictly a 2 year old sire. He's already sired a stakes winner going 1 1/8 mile, and several around 2 turns. I don't know what else he has to do, produce a Belmont winner? We all know how valuable Belmont winners are nowadays. You can breed to recent Belmont winner Sarava for $3,000. Thats how the market perceives them.

At any rate, we're talking value, and Im certain that V.G. can be booked to for far less than $30,000 anyway.

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:30 pm

hi st. louis kid

You wrote re: Successful Appeal "For me I would be wary of spending $25,000 until I see more."

Respectfully...it sounds like you don't really know and/or understand what Successful Appeal has accomplished (All Things Considered) at this stage of his career (as a sire).

I suggest that ALL THINGS CONSIDERED...what Successful Appeal has accomplished is nothing short of amazing.

For starters...Leading Freshman Sire from just 37 two-year-olds (and take an honest look at their dams...hmmm)...6 stakes winners (so far) from a mere 37 two-year-olds (and two of those stakes-winners (so far) have won going a mile or beyond)...two graded stakes-winners (so far) including a three-year-old colt (at Gulfstream Park) that has already won a graded stakes-race going two-turns (and beyond a mile)...and SA gets both stakes-winning fillies and colts...etc etc.

st. louis kid...I am confident that if you're willing to invest some time and do an HONEST and THOROUGH EVALUATION of Successful Appeal...you will not only be enlightened but also may be amazed (as I assure you that many are) by SA's accomplishments as a sire...All Things Considered.

Go for it.

As a matter of interest...which sire has shown YOU enough...that YOU would spend your $25k on this year ?

Respectfully