dr.root

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

sweetlife
Newborn

dr.root

Postby sweetlife » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:30 pm

I am looking for some info on aCAL stud named DR.ROOT.Iknow he made about 300k but I can't seem to find anything about his progeny.My friend has a mare by Dr.Root.I like Peaks and Valleysthe best because I like duplicating the Amerigo.Ialso like Service Stripe,KIng Cugat,Talk Is Money,Tenpins and Way West.Amerigo did not have a lot of foals but he hads a large number of stakes winners and a lot of his runners had alarge number of starts.ANy other suggestions would be helpful.Thanks

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:46 pm

Dr. Root has stood most of his career at a small private farm in northern California. He has served very few outside mares, thus his sire record does not impress much. He is a very large gray horse, perhaps 17 hands, built not unlike his sire, Slew O' Gold. Dr. Root is probably misplaced in California, in that he was a long winded turf performer who won the Grade 1 Manhattan Hcp many years ago. That race was at 12 furlongs on the turf; not too many CA breeders are interested in breeding to that kind of horse.

Still, he has excellent breeding, and is eligible to become a decent broodmare sire if the mare's female family offers some quality.