Manassa Mauler

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Easy Goer
Maiden Special Weight

Manassa Mauler

Postby Easy Goer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:30 pm

I was trying to track down progeny of Count Turf, a longshot winner of the Ky derby and this guy seems to have been his best runner. Won the Wood in '59 I think.

Over on the other website (TT, now closed) it turned out that Manassa Mauler died during his first mating season. This would have been in '65 I think. One person over there came up with two offspring, including Manassa's Double, who won something I guess.

Any other offspring that we know of? This website does not list any last I checked.

Any there any sires that continue Count Turf's line? Not that I expect there would be..

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:47 pm

American Stud Book v. XXIV has Manassa Mauler passing away in 1965 - the year his first foals arrived. However, it was probably quite early in the year, as he only seems to have had the one crop.

Unfortunately, that year falls in to a gap in my collection of stat books, so I have no idea how large that crop was. :? My closest is for 1970...and by that year, he only had one foal left on the track - a mare named Little Miss Mauler, who spent eight years racing, but apparently none as a broodmare.

As for Manassa's Double....he never won anything, :wink: in fact he was unsuccessful in 24 tries (though he had have a handful of placings). He doesn't seem to have made it to stud.

That's all I can come up with! If I come across any othe little Maulers I'll let you know.

Easy Goer
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Easy Goer » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:11 am

yeah, Little Miss Mauler I think was the other one they came up with.