Hussonet's half brother - want to see?

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

saintlyCZ
Maiden Special Weight

Hussonet's half brother - want to see?

Postby saintlyCZ » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:59 pm

then go here:
http://www.iturf.cz/spinningwild/

All I can say is I was concerned which "stallions" we are buying and using... :roll:
Avatar: This wonderful horse is my big love: Czech-bred horse Heretic, son of fantastic sire Rainbows for Life out of great dam Hairy Dream.

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:34 pm

You have my condolences.

-llbean

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:09 am

I clicked on the link and what I saw was a horse that may not have been the highest quality possible but the main drawback from a stallion aesthetic point of view is that he appears to still be in racing fitness instead of tub o'lard stallion weight.

A glossy coat and a layer of fat hides a lot of shortcomings. At least in this picture, you see the true horse--and it's not from my point of view thatbad.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:00 pm

I also don't read Czechoslovakian, so I have no idea whether Spinning Wild was a racehorse. Sacahuista was a heck of a racemare, so Spinning Wild might be a nice stallion. This horse is plain-looking, but no major faults I can see.
Rocking H

ballade
Weanling

Postby ballade » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:13 am

JMO - I thought he had a nice solid conformation and is very well-balanced. Good legs, nice shoulder, nice neck, good topline and his head isn't bad. It looked more like a no-frills photo rather than the air-brushed, glossy ones we see in the states. I don't see anything wrong at all with him. Congratulations.

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:04 pm

Get a hold of yourself, Ballade.

I agree there are no major faults but he's not very impressive looking or masculine. This especially troubling when you consider that he evidently never won one stinkin' race outside of Switzerland, the land of racing even worse then wherever Saintly is from (no offence, Saintly :wink: )

What does this horse have going for him as a stallion except his dam? (Who is hardly a Blue Hen in the true sense of the word).

I also think it's poor form to stand a untalented son of Spinning World, a stallion who is having some problems even as a sire of racehorses (much less stallions) in the Northern Hemisphere.

-llbean

brogers
Allowance Winner

Check out his brother

Postby brogers » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:55 pm

I know that they are differing ages but if you look at the photo of Hussonet

http://www.arrowfield.com.au/stallions/ ... mation.asp

they are completely different physical types. Hussonet is built very short over the back and is solid all around. This horse is a little longer and shorter of hip

saintlyCZ
Maiden Special Weight

Postby saintlyCZ » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Ilbean: great that somebody understand me :wink:
to all: yes, he has no major faults, and yes, he's still in racing condition. But we had much better looking and running half brothers to all possible great horses and what they left here... no comment. Hard to expect that Spinning Wild will get some quality here... Plus, I don't like Spinning World as northern hemisphere sire, it's impossible to compare him Spinning Wild) to Hussonet...
Believe me, we already have much better stallions than this! ALthough it's hard to believe :wink: Just as curiosity, some people are starting to call Rainbows For Life "stallion of the century"... :wink: I must agree... but I don't believe somebody like SPinning WIld will move our breeding up :?
Avatar: This wonderful horse is my big love: Czech-bred horse Heretic, son of fantastic sire Rainbows for Life out of great dam Hairy Dream.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:23 am

Saintly, he's a horse I would say " let the other fellow prove the stallion's worth using his own mares". I'll choose a more likely producer.
Rocking H

ballade
Weanling

Postby ballade » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 am

I can see that he's not an outstanding looking individual - was just saying he didn't look that bad either. Just curious - why don't you like Spinning World as a sire? He's currently 14 on the top turf sire list. He's not Cozzene, but is he that bad? (Thanks for the input - I'm here on these forums to learn and appreciate your comments.)

:)

saintlyCZ
Maiden Special Weight

Postby saintlyCZ » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:28 pm

henthorn: also my opinion... thanks!

ballade: quite difficult to answer... He's certainly good sire, he produces quite good horses. But that's the problem - QUITE GOOD. He hadn't even one really top horse so far... That's why I don't like him too much... All his horses in Europe were gr3, or sometimes some gr.2... It's too little for me to consider him being top sire, and he can have as great statistics as possible... He just rank among "good" sires for me. Plus - I don't like his foals too much... but that's just my feeling! I haven't seen conformation of any of his foals, I'm not talking about it now. I'm talking only about my feelings when I see some of his offsprings racing... There's nothing to catch my heart around them, and that's also around SPinning World as a sire...

ballade
Weanling

Postby ballade » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks, SaintlyCZ. I can fully understand your comment, "I'm talking only about my feelings when I see some of his offsprings racing... There's nothing to catch my heart around them. . . ." There's no point in breeding to horses that don't feed your imagination and passions. What's the point?

Good luck and thanks for feedback. :)