Kitten's Joy

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

dublino
Grade I Winner

Re: Kitten's Joy

Postby dublino » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:31 am

kimberley mine wrote:For Kitten's Joy, yes, Roberto has been a very important cross.

What about Blame makes you think he's the next big flop?

Edit to add:

Steaming Kitten, the foal out of the Salt Lake mare whose 3rd dam is by Key to the Mint, is now a Gr-3 winner in Italy. He RNA'd for $95,000 as a yearling and has earned $150,000 this year.

His lack of speed, his size the fact from what I hear he is throwing big babies, big two turn babies.

Something just says turf to me with him, I dont think he is for the American market, can see him being successful after a move to Japan or France.
Edited by Moderator

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:44 am

You could have said the same for Arch at some point too.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 pm

dublino wrote:
kimberley mine wrote:For Kitten's Joy, yes, Roberto has been a very important cross.

What about Blame makes you think he's the next big flop?

Edit to add:

Steaming Kitten, the foal out of the Salt Lake mare whose 3rd dam is by Key to the Mint, is now a Gr-3 winner in Italy. He RNA'd for $95,000 as a yearling and has earned $150,000 this year.

His lack of speed, his size the fact from what I hear he is throwing big babies, big two turn babies.

Something just says turf to me with him, I dont think he is for the American market, can see him being successful after a move to Japan or France.

I think the top third of the American market is very interested in big, two turn, babies. And turf form (if that's what he throws) has been translating pretty well to the artificial surfaces.

I'll be very interested to see what the Blames can do when they really start running. We bred to him and have nice, big, turn turn type filly, LOL. Nothing wrong with that in our book.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:18 am

LB wrote:I think the top third of the American market is very interested in big, two turn, babies. And turf form (if that's what he throws) has been translating pretty well to the artificial surfaces.

Thats the same arguement I put up about horses/stallions I like, but people keep telling me no its speed we want here.

It seems people change their mind when they get emotional attached to horses/stallions for some reason...

Yeah plenty of US owners want to run on Canada's artificial surface... :roll: :)
Edited by Moderator