Dynamic Sky

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 am

Even a horse like Wando had a hard time getting mares in KY. Wando was a horse of the year and champion 3 year old, winner of the Queens Plate, Prince of Wales and the Breeders Stakes (Canadian Triple Crown) with earnings in excess of 2.5 million dollars... and still not much interest in him.

The breeding market in Ontario is terrible right now, I certainly would not advise anyone to get into that business at the moment.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks Jane. You seem to know quite a bit about the horse breeding business.

Good point about Wando, and he was at Lanes End for awhile too.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:25 pm

I have come to the conclusion that Dynamic Sky won't be racing until the Woodbine meet starts. This is what the works at Palm Meadows and Ocala have been leading up to, I think. The winter meet at Gulfstream is almost over, and I am pretty sure that they are not getting DS prepared for the next meet at GP. I think that he has been working out in Florida because his owner and trainer are based there for the winter.

So, the Woodbine meet should be starting soon, and I expect that we will be seeing Dynamic Sky racing there.
Shawklit Won.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Woodbine starts April 12th. Might he stop off at Keeneland?
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about Keeneland. I see that his owner and trainer are running some horses there. So, maybe if they have the right kind of race for DS....
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 pm

I just looked through the stakes nominations at Keeneland and Dynamic Sky apparently is not nominated for any stakes races there. There are only a few allowance races that DS would qualify for at Keeneland, and they are mostly on grass.

I wonder if DS could be a turf horse. He has a dirt pedigree with sire Sky Mesa and BM sire Distorted Humor and is inbred 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, but he is inbred 5x5x5 to Northern Dancer and 5x5 to Secretariat. Secretariat ran well on grass even though he ran mostly on dirt. He also has Round Table in his 5th generation. 5th generation is a little far back, but that is a lot of grass sires in that generation.

If I do say so myself, Dynamic Sky has a pretty nice pedigree. Also, his 2nd damsire is Bucksplasher, son of Buckpasser.

Anyway, I doubt that we will be seeing DS on the racetrack at Keeneland.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:19 pm

I just saw my first race for 2 year olds this year. It was at Keeneland. A stablemate of Dynamic Sky won it and looked pretty good winning by over 6 lengths. His name is Skyway (Sky Mesa-Bedside Manner by Dr. Blum). His fractions were 21:92, 45:03, 51:62. He could be one to watch.
Shawklit Won.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 am

Dynamic Sky is entered at Keeneland.

Stay Connected: Connect on Facebook Connect on Twitter

Dynamic Sky is entered to run on April 10, 2014, at KEENELAND.

Your comments for this horse were: Murani x Sky Mesa

Full Entries for Race Overnight

Race: 8 - 4:42 PM Double-Exacta-Trifecta($.50 min)-Superfecta($.10 min)

ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING $80,000

Purse: $ 64,000. (Includes $8,000 - KTDF - Kentucky TB Devt Fund) . For Four Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won $8,995 Three Times Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Or Which Have Never Won Four Races Or Claiming Price $80,000. Weight, 123 Lbs. Non-winners Of $30,000 Twice Since February 10 Allowed 3 lbs. $24,000 Since Then Allowed 5 lbs. Claiming Price $80,000 (Races Where Entered For $62,500 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances). Six And One Half Furlongs. (All Weather Track)

PP Horse A/S Med Claim $ Jockey Wgt Trainer
7 Dynamic Sky 4/C L $ 0 Stewart Elliott 118 Mark E. Casse
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks MS. I was beginning to wonder if Dynamic Sky would ever race again.

Looks like a good race to start back again with. You can bet I will be watching.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Shawklit Won wrote:Thanks MS. I was beginning to wonder if Dynamic Sky would ever race again.

Looks like a good race to start back again with. You can bet I will be watching.

I don't think that winning is the deal in this race. It is more like seeing if Dynamic Sky still has it. If DS runs well and doesn't win, I am sure that his people won't feel too badly about it.

Having said that, I looked through the other horses in the race, and I think that DS is the only one to have won a stakes race in this country. One horse won an age for weight stakes in another country. I am not really familiar with that term, and am not sure what level that race is. Maybe about the same as a listed stakes.

Anyway, Dynamic Sky should be the best of the field, having won 3 stakes races, except for the fact that he hasn't raced for about 9 months and apparently was recovering from some kind of injury.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Dynamic Sky

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Not a good start for Dynamic Sky this year. DS finished 5th today in his first race back. Maybe he just needed this race. He finished a little more than 5 lengths behind the winner. The time was a very respectable 1:16:18 for the 6.5 furlongs. At least he didn't finish up the track.

I guess that we don't know if DS hasn't got it anymore after the injury and the layoff, or he just needs a race or two to get back to where he was. I will be watching.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:55 pm

I just noticed that Dynamic Sky is nominated for a couple of graded stakes races at Churchill Downs. One is the Alysheba Stakes on 5/2 which is the Friday before Derby Day, and the Churchill Downs Stakes, which is on Derby Day. That doesn't mean that he will, for sure, be entered in one of those races, but at least he might be. Go Dynamic Sky.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu May 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Shawklit Won wrote:I just noticed that Dynamic Sky is nominated for a couple of graded stakes races at Churchill Downs. One is the Alysheba Stakes on 5/2 which is the Friday before Derby Day, and the Churchill Downs Stakes, which is on Derby Day. That doesn't mean that he will, for sure, be entered in one of those races, but at least he might be. Go Dynamic Sky.

Dynamic Sky is not entered in either of the Churchill Downs stakes races that he was nominated to. So, maybe his next race will be at Woodbine, if there is a next race for DS.

Anything is possible. At this very moment, his owner could be negotiating for a place at stud for Dynamic Sky, especially if his handlers don't think that he has the stuff anymore.

On the other hand, they could be looking for the right spot for DS to race. I just hope that he isn't hurt. Also, I hope that gelding and claiming races are out of the question.
Shawklit Won.

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Thu May 01, 2014 2:40 pm

I doubt anyone is looking to stand a horse starting in May.... most of the breeding is done or at the very least booked by now.

I think they are pointing this horse towards the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu May 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Jane wrote:I doubt anyone is looking to stand a horse starting in May.... most of the breeding is done or at the very least booked by now.

I think they are pointing this horse towards the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.

Thanks Jane. That is correct about it being too late for this years breeding season. If Dynamic Sky were to go to stud anytime soon, then he would have to wait until the 2015 breeding season to really start at stud. However, if his handlers think that DS is through as a racehorse, then they might start looking around for some kind of deal for a career as a stallion for Dynamic Sky.

Good to know about the Vigil Stakes, and I see that DS is nominated for it. I believe that it is a graded stakes too. Go Dynamic Sky.
Shawklit Won.