Dynamic Sky

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Dynamic Sky

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Dynamic Sky had a 5 furlong work Sunday (5/4) at Woodbine, which is about right if he is to race in the Vigil Stakes next week. It was a good work; second fastest of 85 horses that worked at Woodbine on the same day at the same distance. So, maybe DS is ready to race a big one next Sunday. Hope so.

I wonder just how big a horse that DS is? The reason I wonder is that if my arithmetic is correct, then I think that he will be carrying 122 lbs. in the Vigil Stakes, if he is running in it. The bigger and stronger a horse is, then it makes sense that the weight should not be as much of a problem as it would be for a smaller, and weaker horse.

I have watched him race and DS seems to be about the same size as most of the horses he has raced against. He seems to be built pretty well, as far as I can tell.

Dynamic Sky won the Pasco Stakes last year as a 3 year old at the same distance as the Vigil (7F) carrying 120 lbs, and just missed setting the track record, so, being that he is now 4 years old, he should be a little bit stronger. I guess that an extra 2 lbs. should not be much of a problem. Besides, DS won the Plate Trial Stakes carrying 126 lbs. for 9 furlongs. I don't know if the injury he had took anything out of him.

Nice that DS has won stakes races at 7 and 9 furlongs. He also won something called the Simcoe Stakes in his second start as a 2 year old at 6.5 furlongs. Don't know how much value to put on that race because it was a restricted race and I don't know what he was in against.

I like his pedigree (Sky Mesa sire and Distorted Humor as BM sire; also 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5x5 to Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Secretariat, with Danzig, Royal Charger, and Buckpasser in there. Also, I think a pretty good dam line, with his first 2 dams being stakes winners (multiple stakes wins for his grand dam) and his next 3 dams look like they were good producers).

Sounds like DS could have the makings of a good stallion, but I am probably getting way ahead of myself here.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 pm

The early oddsmakers have Dynamic Sky at 15 to 1, making him the biggest longshot in the Vigil Stakes Sunday. I hope that they don't know something that I don't. Based on what DS has done in the past, I thought he might be one of the favorites.

Stablemate Delegation is apparently the early favorite and was listed at 5 to 2. Of course, those odds could change quite a bit by race time. Just hope that Dynamic Sky is as good as he used to be.
Shawklit Won.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat May 10, 2014 3:05 pm

I really like Victory Exchange in this race. He is lightly raced and seems to have a lot of talent. Ran huge last time out too.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Cree wrote:I really like Victory Exchange in this race. He is lightly raced and seems to have a lot of talent. Ran huge last time out too.

Victory Exchange looks like he could be tough. Dynamic Sky looks to be the longshot of this race.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Bad day all around for the Mark Casse stable. Dynamic Sky was scratched for some reason, apparently by the stewards (that is what it said in the result chart). I thought that the trainer scratched him, especially after I noticed that DS had a 5 furlong work earlier today.

Worse than that, Dynamic Sky's stablemate, Delegation, looked like he took a bad step at the beginning of the race. He was pulled up and vanned off. Sadly, he had to be put down. Like I said, bad day all around for the stable.

Now I don't know what is going on with DS, or when and where he will race next, and what kind of race, if he does race again. A horse name Really Sharp won the Vigil Stakes today at 28 to 1.
Shawklit Won.

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Tue May 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Entered right back for Friday, 6 horse field... 7f alw at woodbine.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Jane wrote:Entered right back for Friday, 6 horse field... 7f alw at woodbine.

Thanks Jane. I noticed that a stablemate named Patrioticandproud is also entered in that race. P&P is a 5YO gelding and has a price on him ($80,000.) for this Alw/Opt. claiming race.

I thought that DS might be entered in the Eclipse Stakes next week, but for now I will be happy with a good race by him Friday.
Shawklit Won.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Fri May 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Finished 5th in the 8th today at Woodbine. He was in tight quarters down the stretch and looked like he was lugging or perhaps trying to savage the #5 (Patrioticandproud). He galloped out well.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Fri May 16, 2014 3:21 pm

I think you might be right, looked like he lost focus and thought messing with the other horse was a better idea than running. Connections won't be too happy if that was the case.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 pm

I thought that DS was blocked and could not get outside for a clear run. I will have to look at the race again to see about him trying to mess with his stablemate (same trainer, different owner).
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun May 18, 2014 8:13 pm

I don't feel too bad about Dynamic Sky's latest race. I thought that he ran pretty well and would have been right up there if he could have gotten outside for a clear run. Not sure if he really was trying to mess with P&P, or just trying to get in between horses. I thought that he was trying but just did not have enough room.

Anyway, nothing to do now except wait until his next race.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Dynamic Sky is entered an an allowance race at Woodbine on Sunday. The race is at 1 1/4 miles. I was kind of surprised because DS has been racing in sprints so far this year. Anyway, DS did run in a race that long before as a 3 year old, so he should be able to get the distance if he is in good shape.

Another entry in the same race is Patriotandproud, the horse that blocked DS in his last race, and it looked like DS was trying to savage. Patriotandproud is also trained by Mark Casse, but with a different owner.

So, should be interesting.
Shawklit Won.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:28 am

He's in against some nice horses- Peyton, Patrioticandproud, and one of my favourites, Quaesitor.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Cree wrote:He's in against some nice horses- Peyton, Patrioticandproud, and one of my favourites, Quaesitor.

Well, doesn't look like an easy one for Dynamic Sky. Just hope that he runs a good race.

Maybe they are using this to prep him for a stakes race at 1 1/4 miles or 1 1/8 miles later on up the road. Anyway, should be a good race to watch.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Dynamic Sky did win today, but he finished 2nd and when the horse that finished 1st, Patriotic and Proud, was disqualified and placed 2nd, DS was placed first. I'll take it. I think that DS may have finished first anyway if P & P did not drift out in the stretch and get in Dynamic Sky's way. I just got done watching the race.

I think that Mark Casse should put Dynamic Sky and Patriotic and Proud in different races from now on. It seems like there is an incident between them whenever they race together.

Maybe a stakes race for Dynamic Sky next.
Shawklit Won.