Heritage Hall to David Spears Racing in Oklahoma

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Heritage Hall to David Spears Racing in Oklahoma

Postby BargainBlueblood » Wed May 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Grade 2 stakes-placed Heritage Hall has been retired to stud at David Spears Racing in Hartshorne, Oklahoma.

The son of Breeders' Cup Juvenile winner Unbridled's Song, himself the sire of 106 stakes winners and counting, Heritage Hall won 7 races and $180,797 over five seasons, and finished a fast-closing third in the General George Stakes (G2) going 7 Furlongs at Laurel Park, where he defeated major stakes winners Ben's Cat, Delaunay, Driven by Success and Taqarub. Out of the A.P. Indy mare Court Reception, Heritage Hall is a half-brother to Grade 2 winner Ruby's Reception ($365,130) and from the immediate family of graded stakes winners Court Hostess, Handsome Mike, Connie's Gift and successful New York sire Gold Token.

Because of his late start in the breeding shed, Heritage Hall will stand free to approved mares for the remainder of the 2014 season. Beginning in 2015, his stud fee will be $1,000, with special consideration to approved mares.

An $800,000 Fasig-Tipton August Yearling, Heritage Hall won races from 6 furlongs to 1 mile at Saratoga, Churchill Downs, Monmouth, Parx and Laurel -- with a lifetime best Beyer Speed Figure of 97.

Heritage Hall will stand as the property of Spears and Joe Strazzanti's Premier Stables Unlimited, which raced him for much of his career.

"I'd argue that as a son of Unbridled's Song and out of a multiple stakes-producing A.P. Indy mare, Heritage Hall is the best bred young stallion prospect in Oklahoma today," said Spears. "What's more, he made good on the promise of his pedigree by placing in one of the most prestigious sprint stakes on the east coast. We're supporting him mares by Indian Charlie, Macho Uno, Diesis, Go for Gin and Runaway Groom -- and we're hoping to attract any late-foaling mares or fillies coming right off the track for the remainder of the 2014 season."

"I'm not sure I've ever seen a more physically imposing individual in all my years at the racetrack. At the very least, when you see him in the flesh, it won't be a mystery why a legend like B. Wayne Hughes spent $800,000 on him as a yearling," added Strazzanti. "I like this horse so much, I'm seriously thinking about dipping a toe into the Oklahoma breeding game for the first time."

The deal to send Heritage Hall to Oklahoma was brokered by New Jersey-based bloodstock agent Michael Slezak.

For more information call David Spears at 918-429-2105
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

hpkingjr

Re: Heritage Hall to David Spears Racing in Oklahoma

Postby hpkingjr » Wed May 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice work Michael .
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks! This is a pretty nifty horse. If I knew how to upload his photo, I would!
Michael Slezak

Bargain Blueblood

[email protected]

917.455.0693 (cell)

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Thu May 08, 2014 8:52 am

There's a conformation shot attached to his pedigree here.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/heritage+hall2
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am

Aha, thank you! That's the photo I was going to add -- taken by George Adams (always good to give credit where it's due).
Michael Slezak

Bargain Blueblood

[email protected]

917.455.0693 (cell)