RIP Sky Classic

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

RIP Sky Classic

Postby Mahubah » Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Sky Classic was always a good one -- I never thought he got quite the credit he deserved as a sire, but he was a good value for breed-to-race operations. I'm glad he lived out a long and healthy life and passed in his own time. He has his own page now at http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com/sky-classic-can.html.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Mac
Allowance Winner

Re: RIP Sky Classic

Postby Mac » Fri May 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Really liked and respected him, and he was one of the last sons of Nijinsky any of us could breed to. Seems to me that Nijinsky crops up over and over in some serious pedigrees all over the world.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Sky Classic was remarkable in so many ways. A beautiful pedigree, a champion racehorse, and a pretty solid sire. He lived a good long life (he was only recently pensioned from stud duty), and was so cared for to the end.
One of my favourite Breeders Cup races was his loss to Fraise. Even in defeat, he was incredible.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat May 02, 2015 11:05 am

A true champion. I teared up when I read that he was described as a "faithful servant to the farm". He was beautiful to boot.