Bayern to Hill N Dale in 2016

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Bayern to Hill N Dale in 2016

Postby Cree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:18 am

He's not retired yet. I guess they will try and squeeze a win out of him before he retires. Without knowing the inside scoop on this horse, his season has been a disaster, and I wonder if it's physical or mental? I don't think I will ever understand how (or why) they train a horse to be in such desperate need to be on the front, alone, in order to run a huge and brave race. Not my cup of tea, that is for sure.

He does have a very impressive pedigree.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Bayern to Hill N Dale in 2016

Postby DDT » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 am

Cree

I do agree with you that he does have a nice bottom side but he has not won since his non-DQ Classic fiasco and if I had a mare that fit him I would not go to him even for free. It will be interesting to see how many mares he gets in his initial season but I feel free to predict banishment to the hinter lands is in his future as a stallion. I wish him and his connections all the luck in the world, but I have to admit I do not see it happening.

DDT

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 am

I don't disagree with you. I find his racing career bizarre and over-rated. First place when he gets the front end on his own, up the track any other time. That BC Classic will go down as one of the weirdest ever - and I am still convinced he should have been DQ'd (not to bring that argument up again...).
People act surprised that he hasn't run on as a 4-year-old, but (again) other than the BC Classic, he wouldn't be considered in the top 5 of his crop. His form is terrible this year, he appears to have the heart of a pea, and I'm convinced he has some sort of physical issue - no surprise the way Baffert works them and the race record he had last year.
If you want something from the Wild Again line - Milwaukee Brew is your man! :-)

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:24 am

They've set him at $15,000 for 2016. Thoughts?
Arch is in his female family, but I don't know if that makes it a sire family.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:23 am

Well, I think there will be people wanting to take advantage of the Courtly Dee in the female line, but even with that I think 15 k is way too high.

There are more interesting stallions going for less.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

I think Secret Circle is more interesting at the same farm for $5000 or $7500 (they have 2 prices listed).