Which Young Sires With Runners are capturing the imagination

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

FOS
Freshman Sire

Which Young Sires With Runners are capturing the imagination

Postby FOS » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:34 pm

hi guys,

Thought it might be interesting if all shared some thoughts/impressions/opinions re which...if any...young sires with runners are capturing the imagination.

For example...Uncle Mo seems to have captured the imagination of many. Yes, he's been afforded a great opportunity by Ashford/Coolmore (example: his first crop alone numbered 167 Live Foals [per The Jockey Club stats]). Circumstances and opportunities be what they may, Bottom Line is...Uncle Mo is delivering.

That said...I find Kantharos extremely interesting. He's had limited opportunities (example: his first two crops averaged 36 Live Foals each [per The Jockey Club stats]). Circumstances and opportunities be what they may, Bottom Line is...Kantharos is delivering (at least to my way of thinking he is).

Fast forward...which young sires with runners, if any, are capturing your imagination?

Thoughts?

Respectfully

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Which Young Sires With Runners are capturing the imagina

Postby Cree » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:50 pm

I have been mighty impressed by Friesan Fire. They've come out running, he's had a few really nice stakes horses. Country Life does a good job with what they've got.
Society's Chairman has sired a helluva runner in Caren with hardly any foals. 6 winners from 10 runners.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 am

I'm rooting for Temple City as I loved Dynaformer, and he is doing pretty well. Not quite up there with Kantharos in earnings but fairly close. I don't have any first crop preferences at the moment but I'm a fan of both Paddy O'Prado and Archarcharch, who are both doing pretty well with low stud fees in the second crop group.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Yes Uncle Mo is stirring up quite a lot of excitement.. not unlike another young one did awhile back - remember Midnight Lute? He too was bombarded with mares at Hill 'n Dale whose business model, in my opinion, is quite like Ashford's. He got 159 mares his first year.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....